Author Topic: just installed avast free, three times, and it's not working  (Read 1412 times)

zintar

just installed avast free, three times, and it's not working
« on: October 19, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »
I downloaded avast free earlier today.  As soon as it finished installing, I got a "Welcome To Avast" recorded message, then the entire program vanished from my computer.  I restarted and I got a "gadget" on the desktop that only provided links to facebook, twitter and the avast blog. 

I re-installed, and got up to the Scan window, but as soon as I tried to start the scan the program crashed.  After restarting, again, the program was again gone from the computer.  I installed a third time and once more, as soon as it finished installing, it vanished from the computer. 

I very much need a pc maintenance program at this time, but not one that needs its own maintenance program.

I'm running a 2.2 GHZ dual core Pentium processor, Windows 7 64 bit and 4 GB RAM.

Will appreciate any assistance, if it won't run on my system please let me know how to remove it.  Thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: just installed avast free, three times, and it's not working
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 10:44:46 PM »
Is there (or was there) any other security related software on the system? If so which one(s)?
What exact version of avast are you trying to install?
Any other problem(s) with the system?