Author Topic: Update Process  (Read 3306 times)

NWNSM

Update Process
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »
I guess I am lost on the update process for virus definitions.  It appears I need to manually schedule update for clients.  However the updates are not running as scheduled.  Nothing happens but I can manually kick off the update task.

Do updates from from my Avast server?  What is my server becomes unavailable.  For example a traveling laptop not on the schools network, will they update from Avast too? 

Che Johnson

Re: Update Process
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »
If the clients are connected to the console then the update task should be set by the group but before doing so you need to make sure you run the job to update your server definitions first before deploying the update task to your clients.  If the clients are not updating then you should check the ports and make sure they are actually connected to the console.

If the client is not connected to the network then they can update from the internet instead.

mordy

Re: Update Process
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
If I understand correctly, you are reporting that the clients are NOT auto updating the virus definitions. If however you hit the update task from the EAS console, they update just fine.

You are asking why you need to kick it off by hand and why it doesn't do it auto updates like a personal edition of Avast would do?

In this case, I have to say I have the exact same issue.