Author Topic: new avast 2014  (Read 16432 times)

dprout69

Re: new avast 2014
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »
With all due respect sir... there are 200 Mil users of Avast... However, there are not 200 Mil users of the latest version...

The program doesn't notify of a new update unless you specifically go looking for it and that eliminates MOST people from that list.
Another segment, even if they do see there's an update don't bother because they are not tech savvy and/or don't care to update now
Another segment are tech savvy and are just waiting to see if there are bugs
Another segment just don't want to update because they like the version they have

This update only came out about 2-3 weeks ago... of that, there were plenty of complaints on these forums, enough so to call this a buggy piece of software as far as I'm concerned.  I am currently using it on two computers and for the most part it is functional (for me, even though I can list a dozen small bugs), but as was evident by all the posts in very short period of time... many users are having many issues and to classify them as a "few", is off. 

I am an avid supporter of Avast, and it's ok to call it buggy... it doesn't undermine the fine people of avast or their great products and I'm sure they will fix it... but when someone has gone to the point of reinstalling windows trying to chase down the bugs... it's time to pack it up and just wait for avast to release a better version.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:56:50 PM by dprout69 »

Arnold72

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 03:50:06 PM »
Save yourself the madness and headaches... since you are at a point where you have had to REINSTALL WINDOWS... just reinstall windows again and put the old version of Avast back on there...

As you have said multiple times and as is obvious by all the posts... the new version of avast is very buggy.  You are correct in saying that and you are not going crazy and you dont have any viruses
Considering there are 200,000,000 users, the few complaints in here indicate that the program is very stable.
I have no problems on my 5 computers and none on the many at the senior center where it's installed.
Using an old version is foolish and decreases your protection.
Find out the underlying causes and correct those and avast! will work as it should.

Using an old version is not foolish at all and with all due respect bob but your sentence would seem to convey the impression that earlier versions of avast were in some way weak.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »
Save yourself the madness and headaches... since you are at a point where you have had to REINSTALL WINDOWS... just reinstall windows again and put the old version of Avast back on there...

As you have said multiple times and as is obvious by all the posts... the new version of avast is very buggy.  You are correct in saying that and you are not going crazy and you dont have any viruses
Considering there are 200,000,000 users, the few complaints in here indicate that the program is very stable.
I have no problems on my 5 computers and none on the many at the senior center where it's installed.
Find out the underlying causes and correct those and avast! will work as it should.

Using an old version is not foolish at all and with all due respect bob but your sentence would seem to convey the impression that earlier versions of avast were in some way weak.

Hi Troll,
Do you ever have anything useful to say?

The most recent versions use the most current ideas/technologies to help combat malware.

Arnold72

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »

Hi Troll,
Do you ever have anything useful to say?

The most recent versions use the most current ideas/technologies to help combat malware.

did you actually read what was posted?
And would you please refrain from using insults if you are capable of doing so.!

Offline krypton

• Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 05:38:11 AM »

hi bob

as u said i m using old version in pc but i m using windows 7 ultimate 500gb hd 2gb ram and it is not old. avast can be used in old versions also bcoz avast is from last more than 12 years and i dont think so ppl using more than 12 years old os or version.

i m facing lot of problems in new avast 2014. i never posted this type of complaints bcoz old avast was really good and fast. i  posted before when i was using old avast bcoz i got some confusing problems and that problems get resolves. but this problem i am not able to resolve till avast releases new bug free update. new 2014 avast is very slow and also it scans so slow than old avast. i posted screen shot of my problem so there is no question of doubt in my problem. u can see i faced that icon problem 2 times and happens every day. see the date of the 1st screen shot and date of 2nd screen shot of my old posts. u will see i face this problem. i still use avast even after having lot of bugs bcoz i trust avast than anyother  antivirus. i want to say to avast developer to find all this bugs and fix it so we can enjoy avast as before.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:40:24 AM by krypton »
LAPTOP: LENOVO G50, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HARD DISK, AVAST PREMIUM SECURITY 2020, WINDOWS 8.1

Avaster

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 07:35:01 PM »
in this new 2014 version many shields removed, like p2p shield. am i right?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »
They have been combined into the other three shields, physically you cant see them but you are still protected.

Avaster

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 07:41:03 PM »
They have been combined into the other three shields, physically you cant see them but you are still protected.
ok. sandbox removed though?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 07:55:39 PM »
In the free version Sandbox is now called DeepScreen.

As your questions don't relate to this threads issue I'd suggest you use the search function at the top of the page where you'll be able to find all your questions have been answered a thousand times over, if you need further assistance then please open your own topic.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
avast! never removed a free feature making it paid, ever...
The best things in life are free.