Author Topic: Avast 2014 slow opening of programs  (Read 22924 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast 2014 slow opening of programs
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 08:48:22 PM »
It looks like Avast do not know the answer!
Which answer?
The best things in life are free.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:50 AM »
@ tech,

No offense at all, but did you even read the thread? We want to know why avast is slowing down all our programs compared to previous versions...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 02:07:41 PM »
Well, I can't help as I can't compare the actual time of loading with the previous ones.
I've reinstalled Windows 8.1 from scratch and it's running very well with avast! No problems on logon and loading programs.
It's really hard to troubleshoot some seconds on delay in a particular system... Who knows what is going on... Although, maybe, some of the avast! programmers could take a look and post here if they have any solution. Sorry.

kodl

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »
Tech, What answer? If you do not know what answer, I presume you just skipped your daily medication.

Krel

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »
Anyword on this?  Just checking (sorry to walk a thread from the dead)...

NoelC

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »
Those of you experiencing problems may think it's slow for everyone.  It's not.  I have Windows 8.1 (running from SSD) and Avast is fully up to date.  I have no delays opening programs.  Most instantly appear.  I literally cannot measure the time.  Some big ones, like Photoshop, open as fast as they ever did.

May I suggest a full uninstall of Avast followed by a run of AvastClear, then a reinstall of Avast.

AvastClear : http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

Good luck.

-Noel

kodl

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
I have Windows 8.1 Pro (running from SSD) and Avast IS 8.0.1497. After computer starts, Avast is always preventing all installed applications to open constantly. ALWAYS, no matter what I tried to do. After a while, applications will open as usual.

venturert

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 03:10:07 AM »
I believe this is related to my issue as well.

Can you check whether your CPU usage is around 100% and Avast svc alone takes more than 85% usage memory??

I have opened a new thread on that.. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=143754.0

steve271

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 11:59:53 PM »
I have a similar issue with the latest free version I installed a few days ago (2014.9.0.2011).

When I start programs, they seem to start up slowly , and then splash off as if they have shut down, and then open up again a second or two later. The most annoying thing is that any changes I make when they first appear are lost when they re-appear.

This doesn't affect all programs, just quite a lot of them. If I disable AV for ten minutes on the tray icon, it doesn't happen.

Windows XP SP3
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:01:27 AM by steve271 »

jaycenk

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 02:06:41 PM »
I'm posting out of frustration in hope to show avast that this sucks and is not what I just paid for. I also have this problem with considerable differences between previous version and this hunk of crap. It's so bad I'm read to remove and use one of the Norton lic. files I have and kiss avast good by for good. I have had avast for over 7 years and it has been great up until the previous and current versions. I don't know what the hell possessed them to want to make this product like every other product I all ready didn't want. If I could just at the least go back to the last version I would at this point.  :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
this hunk of crap.
And what do you refer to?
I mean, what is your problem now, what is not working now... More details of your system are also needed for proper help.

kodl

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »
@Tech, read carefully literally hundreds of people complains in this forum. Then you can start to answer all question those people asking. It will be refreshing.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 06:44:46 PM »
@Tech, read carefully literally hundreds of people complains in this forum. Then you can start to answer all question those people asking. It will be refreshing.
kodl do you actually have any issue or are you just here to troll for Tech's replies to add your own rude and sarcastic remarks  ::)

This topic is also about the 2014 versions and from what you stated earlier your on version 8 which has nothing to do with this topic, from what you have also mentioned about slow start up of programs I to have Windows 8.1 on ssd and my programs open perfectly fine.

kodl

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »
@ Online craigb, thanx for your constructive answer. Are you just here to defend Avast no matter what? Yes, I have Avast 8.0.1497 installed on Win 8.1 Pro, because after trying Avast 9 for a few days I returned to my current version.Avast 9 is just insane. Why? Read literally hundreds of complains from people who trying to run it! I hope I answered your questions.

"Don't shy away from criticism, because it's healthy and it makes you better at what you do."

Any brainstorm now?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 07:21:35 PM »
@ Online craigb, thanx for your constructive answer. Are you just here to defend Avast no matter what? Yes, I have Avast 8.0.1497 installed on Win 8.1 Pro, because after trying Avast 9 for a few days I returned to my current version.Avast 9 is just insane. Why? Read literally hundreds of complains from people who trying to run it! I hope I answered your questions.

"Don't shy away from criticism, because it's healthy and it makes you better at what you do."

Any brainstorm now?
Hundreds of complaints ??? I don't know where you are looking or reading but there are definitely not hundreds.

Maybe if you followed the correct instructions for a clean install that might help with any issues, you could also try shutting down services and restarting one at a time to see which one starts your problem re-occurring.

No one here is defending anything, we all know that no product is ever perfect 100% all of the time but at least most of us are here to provide advice and help and try to do so without the heckling hyena's vocalising in the background ::)