Author Topic: Avast 2014 slow opening of programs  (Read 22936 times)

kodl

Re: Avast 2014 slow opening of programs
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 04:16:46 PM »
@craigb, oh yea, HUNDREDS of complains. Go ahead, count them. Thanx for advice about flowing correct instruction. You know, I'm the person who is trying all possible solution, before making any complain. One of my trials was fresh installing Windows 8.1 Pro and then installing Avast 8.0.1497. If that is not enough for you, I did the same think on different computer. Results are completely identical! So, when I'm trying to alert Avast about ONE of many problems I'm "... the heckling hyena's vocalising in the background". Now I know how is Avast handling those complains. You just cleared that for me.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »
Once you fresh installed 8.1 Pro then you should have installed the latest version, no point remaining with old versions especially when the older versions weren't as well optimised for win8.1.

If you were trying to alert avast to your issue then you would have opened a topic of your own rather than posting in others topics and particularly posting rude and smart arsed remarks to those that are trying to provide help by asking for information, rather than being mature and explaining the details for getting the help you need you are just trolling and being a pest.

kodl

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 04:41:43 PM »
@craigb, so this is summary from your post: Avast version 8.0.1497 is NOT compatible with Windows 8.1. Let me assure you even Avast 8.0.1497 is NOT compatible with windows 8! I tried both Windows freshly installed and on BOTH version sign was telling me that this version of Avast is NOT COMPATIBLE with this version of Windows. Please feel free to search this forum. Avast stated that version 8.0.1497 IS compatible with Windows 8 and advise everybody to IGNORE that sign. I'm talking about " being mature and explaining the details for getting the help....."
Also, I found that opening a new post and alerting Avast about any issue, will have absolutely no effect on what happen after that.
BTW, did you count/read all those hundreds of complains? Not only about version 9, but even about version 8? You just make my point perfectly clear stating..."you are just trolling and being a pest."
So all those people are just pest for Avast. That's what I tough. You are the one who is NOT mature enough to handle criticism. Now I know.
Again, just for you: "Don't shy away from criticism, because it's healthy and it makes you better at what you do." Have a nice life.

donpachi

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 04:36:50 AM »
Just registered to say that i experience the same issue with avast making my system slower. I have fresh installation of windows 8.1 pro 64bit(all important windows update files installed) with latest version of avast and i can see avast slow effect even when i right-click on desktop. With avast turned off - i see context menu immediately, but with avast on - i usually have to see spinning blue circle first. I only run web and file shields, btw.

My system is:
Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit,
Core i5 3570k
GTX 760 with latest driver
8gb of ram.

nariznada

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 11:10:43 AM »
I also had the same problem as those above. [XP-Home, SP3, 3G Ram and over 100G free space on C: drive (less than 2 years old)]
I did a test with Avast's file system shield turned off for ten minutes and all my applications started up normally again (less than a second to open photo viewers, word processors and media players). Once I turned the shield back on my application startup times all slowed way down (anywhere from 8-15 seconds to get a splash screen!).
So, obviously, this is not my system or my hard drive that's causing this slowdown!
After a lot of clicking and testing, I found that if I disabled Reputation Services, it fixed the problem!
I'm not totally sure what protection I'm lacking by having that disabled (I don't use Hardened Mode).
But, at this point, it was either run it that way or find a new AV, because the apps were taking so long to open that I though I had failed to click and would click again - often resulting in two or three instances of the same app open!
Hope this helps others as well!