Author Topic: Flat as a flounder – or has Avast totally lost shape or what???  (Read 9535 times)

Undead-Divine-Assassin

Re: Flat as a flounder – or has Avast totally lost shape or what???
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 12:40:19 AM »
I don't need Avast to tell me it is affecting my resouces by using more of my resources animating its icon.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:04:34 PM by Cluster-Lizard »

Cryless

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 01:07:05 AM »
I like the new one much better than the old one and I hope it remains like this for future versions :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »
I don't need Avast to tell me it affecting my resouces by using more of my resources animating its icon.

If you have a problem with the amount of resources that an animated tray icon uses, you really have a bad system resources problem already.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Undead-Divine-Assassin

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 01:19:11 PM »
I didn't mean that it was literally affecting the speed of my system I was pointing out the irony of of the animation using system resources to tell you it is is using those resources. I hope that would have been clear.

As stated earlier my objection to the animation is that I found it visually annoying and that's why I turned it off.  We get enough flashing or animated headers and advertisements vying for our attention on screen we don't need to add to that unnecessarily clutter.         

tenby9

Flat as a flounder – or has Avast totally lost shape or what???
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »
I have two gripes about the new v2014.9.0.2006 icon ball in the lower right task bar. First, the color is now a washed out orange where before it was a deeper orange. Second, the previous v8.0.1497 had the letter a rotating around the ball so it looked the ball was spinning but now the letter a is stationary and a vertical line just moves across the ball and doesn't look like it's spinning. I think the new icon ball is very cheap looking.
I'm still running Win XP Pro SP3 32bit. No other anti-virus programs are installed. 

Arnold72

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »
Why is the tray icon so relevant??

As long as avast is protecting its users then the quip with a tray icon is absurd.

FWIW i like the new tray icon as it is not a distraction.

Joe S

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:30 PM »
A lot of software makers have went for the crappy Windows 8 flat look.
Joe