Author Topic: CAN YOU PLEASE WARN that aswclear.exe and avastclear.exe are selfdeleting!!!  (Read 18563 times)

Offline Anacunga

Can you please WARN that aswclear.exe and avastclear.exe are selfdeleting after use!!! >:(

Or even better allow the user to decide whether to let selfdelete or not!!!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
I don't know how you have come to this conclusion, I've used both versions and they have always remained in downloads after running them.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
I don't know how you have come to this conclusion, I've used both versions and they have always remained in downloads after running them.

+1
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Anacunga

I first had to manually remove 8.0.1497 with aswclear.exe – and after having done, aswclear.exe was gone – and later on I had to remove 9.0 with avastclear.exe – and again after having done that it is no longer there ... And no, it is not only invisible; copying both of them back to the work subdirectory created for that on the desktop did not give any "overwrite or not?"-warning!

Sparxx

I think the OP is trying his best to nitpick  all that's avast related....he already created like 8 threads( that are visible on the first page) and all 8 of them are just to bash because his "vision" on how things shuld change are way...way better than avast's crew( and somewhere even of many forum users, as there were features discussed or even voted by users)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:11:56 PM by Sparxx »

AdrianH

Can you please WARN that aswclear.exe and avastclear.exe are selfdeleting after use!!! >:(

Or even better allow the user to decide whether to let selfdelete or not!!!

Total garbage .

I have used both these apps too many times to count when working on clients machines , I have NEVER once seen any avast clear " self delete".

It simply does not happen.

Rohugh

I have seen it disappear.  If I d/l it to desktop after use it would clear after use.  However,  if d/l to my "Downloads" folder it would stay.  Odd.  :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
It is ofcourse just my opinion, but it looks like he is just a troll.
Almost anything he is complaining about is caused by the famous pebkac error.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
I have seen it disappear.  If I d/l it to desktop after use it would clear after use.  However,  if d/l to my "Downloads" folder it would stay.  Odd.  :)

I always download it to the desktop. It never ever disappeared..!!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Rohugh

.............. famous pebkac error.

Haha,  I had to look that up,  I learn something new all the time on here - great forum!  Thank you.   8)

Offline Anacunga

I always download it to the desktop. It never ever disappeared..!!
Oops – that's really odd and awful ... I in both times had it on the desktop – and both disappeared after use ...

... PEBKAC error ... haha ... >:(

Offline davexnet

• Poster
Actually I have also seen it delete after use.  But not recently.
Just to make sure, I make a copy of it before running.

Not sure whether it's anything to do with running in safemode or normal mode.
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline Gandalf1369

The last several times I've used it (in safe mode) it was deleted after I rebooted my PC.
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Total garbage .

I have used both these apps too many times to count when working on clients machines , I have NEVER once seen any avast clear " self delete".

It simply does not happen.
Actually ... it DOES happen.  Yupperooni, it does.
It didn't used to.  But, somewhere along the line, suddenly the last couple of times that I've used aswclear to uninstall avast 8, it HAS self-deleted after use.  I figured avast had incorporated that by design.  I wasn't aware that it's not supposed to happen.

And as a lot of you all know, I'm not a troll ;D ;D ;D ... so, you all can count on that if I say it has happened, yes, it HAS happened.  I'd say about the last 3 consecutive times that I have used aswclear, it has self-deleted.  I don't know if it's something OS-related or what.
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
It could be the desktop settings have something to do with it.
e.g. cleanup unused things.