Author Topic: ZoneAlarm  (Read 10830 times)

MFB

Re: ZoneAlarm
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 02:50:08 AM »
If you are using Zone Alarm Free, and you click yes to that warning that appeared.  You're still fine and no problems will occurd.  If you click yes and you had Zone Alarm Pro.  is a BIG NO-NO. ;)

leomalav

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 01:49:05 PM »
If you are using Zone Alarm Free, and you click yes to that warning that appeared.  You're still fine and no problems will occurd.  If you click yes and you had Zone Alarm Pro.  is a BIG NO-NO. ;)

Hi Fixer

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I really don't think that WebShield is active, as both ashWebSv.exe / aswWebSv.exe haven't requested any rights so far (and they don't show up in the ZoneAlarm permitted programs, of course). On top of that, the "scanned files" in its menu show 0 after hours and hours of Internet surfing!

Is there a way to revert the avast program to its previous state (before the pop-up with the dreadful question!), without having to reinstall it? What about this change (shown below) to the .ini file I found in another topic... Is it supposed to do that?

If you are using ZoneAlarm Free you should click NO, because privacy features are not present in ZoneAlarm Free this will not turn off webshield transparent mode proxy.
Use a text editor and edit the avast4.ini file, the default installation location is C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\avast4.ini (I would advise you copy avast4.ini before editing it, just in case).
Locate the line containing ZoneAlarmCompatibility= and delete that line.  Save the edited avast4.ini file.

Thanks again!

Leonardo
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 02:07:01 PM by leomalav »

poonet

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 04:56:39 PM »
Do I really need to do those changes if everythings seems to be okay with avast and ZA Free version ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:03:29 PM by poonet »

leomalav

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 04:20:04 PM »
Do I really need to do those changes if everythings seems to be okay with avast and ZA Free version ?

Hi Poonet

Yes, it works!

Delete the "ZoneAlarmCompatibility=1" in avast4.ini, as instructed above and restart your computer. The pop-up will show up again; this time choose "NO"!  ;)

The WebShield module will ask for access in Zone Alarm and the pages you browse will start to be scanned by it (check the scanned files in its menu).

Regards

Leonardo

MFB

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 06:13:39 PM »
I just hope that the next update from Zone Alarm will fix this problem soon.   ::)

poonet

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 12:19:32 PM »

Hi Poonet

Yes, it works!

Delete the "ZoneAlarmCompatibility=1" in avast4.ini, as instructed above and restart your computer. The pop-up will show up again; this time choose "NO"!  ;)

The WebShield module will ask for access in Zone Alarm and the pages you browse will start to be scanned by it (check the scanned files in its menu).

Leonardo!

I choosed NO this time ! Thank for your advice !

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 12:22:51 PM by poonet »