Author Topic: Viruses Found  (Read 5939 times)

dagranger

Viruses Found
« on: October 04, 2003, 06:41:03 PM »
I just installed the home edition today and I got 2 siren alerts-2 viruses were found.  I paniced and moved them both to the Avast default file.  Should I delete these 2 viruses or do I need to take other steps?  

I had previously used Norton Antivirus which did not pick up these 2 viruses.  Does anyone know why it didn't?

Sorry, I am a newbie at all of this.

Thanks a lot!

Debra
 :-\

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:Viruses Found
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 09:39:03 AM »
What viruses did Avast report? If your system still works fine it should be okay to delete them. Anyway they are harmless if they are in the Virus chest
MfG Ralf

dagranger

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 05:06:37 PM »
Do you know why Norton Antivirus did not pick up these Trojan Horses?  IS AVAST MORE THOROUGH THAN NORTON?

Thanks so much for your response!

I believe they were Trojan horses since "Tr" was in Parentheses after the file name.

I do have them in the chest so thank you for reassuring me that they are harmless there. ::)

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 06:52:24 PM »
That is one of the generic naming of Avast. Without an expressive Virusname it is difficult to say, but Norton is not so "strong" in finding Backdoors/Trojans.
MfG Ralf

kareld

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 03:55:29 PM »
Dear dagranger,
   send the file to us. In the chest, right-click the file and choose E-mail to Alwil software. To the "Additional info", write that you want an info about it.

dagranger

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 07:04:14 PM »
 ;)thanks, I emailed them.

Debra