Author Topic: Thank your very much avast developers for.....  (Read 10140 times)

psikofunkster

Thank your very much avast developers for.....
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:56:14 AM »
..............messing with my computer again!  >:(

This is like the third or fourth serious and last time you are messing with my pc.

How? im not telling you im not working for you for free, but avast 2014 was the culprit again

Im NOT renewing my sub with you.

What do all these software have in common? :

Latest nvida drivers with a gtx 560 video card = Star wars the old republic (game) = avast internet security 2014

Crappy software period.

Really developers you dont test your software before releasing it? or wait let me guess you only test your software with a clean windows installation on it (no third parter software on the machine)?

Wow!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Thank your very much avast developers for.....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »
What is the exact problem you are experiencing ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
Not much point in trying to help essexboy, he doesn't work for free ;)

This is like the third or fourth serious and last time you are messing with my pc.

How? im not telling you im not working for you for free, but avast 2014 was the culprit again

<snip>

Besides we can only help those who want it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

DBenjamin85

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »
I think fellow users might want to know what his problem is too and how we can avoid it ourselves, it'd be a great help to us rather than running into the problem down the line.

psikofunkster

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »

<snip>

im not working for free for the developers and avast, if you are either of those yeah, you are right, im not working free for you. why? because im paying for a sub, avast is not giving me the protection for free so....but wait, the headaches those are for free....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:17:08 PM by psikofunkster »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »
If you want avast to fix your problem then you are going to have to explain what that problem is, saying that you have problem but are unwilling to help avast then how about helping yourself and other users that might have whatever it is that you have ???

If you have no intention of supplying the info to fix your problem then your posts are completely pointless and a waste of time and as far as I'm concerned you are trolling and posting rubbish just to be a pest >:(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 07:27:18 PM »
avast is not giving me the protection for free
If you are a home-/non commercial user they sure do offer you free protection.
im not working for free for the developers and avast
They are paying their employees.
the people from avast are not using your pc, you do. So if your system is messed up, you are responsible for it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »
<snip>
im not working for free for the developers and avast, if you are either of those yeah, you are right, im not working free for you. why? because im paying for a sub, avast is not giving me the protection for free so....but wait, the headaches those are for free....

So far everyone who has responded to your post including me are avast users, not avast developers or employees, who give our time free to help other avast users who seek help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »
What do all these software have in common?
1) Latest nvida drivers with a gtx 560 video card = Star wars the old republic (game) = avast internet security 2014
2) Crappy software period.
3) Let me guess you only test your software with a clean windows installation on it (no third parter software on the machine)?
1) I can't speak for the video card or the game. I "can" speak about v2014 being the most advanced free anti-virus yet.
2) v2014 is not "crappy". Help us help you by supplying more information concerning your issues.
3) Testing was done by users, just like you, from around the world. Each user has different set-ups with a large variety of third party software in use.

If you desire our assistance please be more forthcoming by giving us more information.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

psikofunkster

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 03:17:28 AM »
If you want avast to fix your problem then you are going to have to explain what that problem is, saying that you have problem but are unwilling to help avast then how about helping yourself and other users that might have whatever it is that you have ???

If you have no intention of supplying the info to fix your problem then your posts are completely pointless and a waste of time and as far as I'm concerned you are trolling and posting rubbish just to be a pest >:(

i dont give a damn about what you think troll, so go away you are not giving support for free you are just F with the users who are having serious issues.

avast is not giving me the protection for free
If you are a home-/non commercial user they sure do offer you free protection.
im not working for free for the developers and avast
They are paying their employees.
the people from avast are not using your pc, you do. So if your system is messed up, you are responsible for it.

* doh i've been using internet security for the last 5 years.
* they are paying their employees? really? who said they dont?
* dude i dont give a penny about what you think. How long have been using a pc? 6 months? i bet you do cause you dont have idea about how new software might work on perfectly stable pc's.

CraigB and Eddy you are now on my ignore list, i dont care about your shitty support so don't bother in the future.

What do all these software have in common?
1) Latest nvida drivers with a gtx 560 video card = Star wars the old republic (game) = avast internet security 2014
2) Crappy software period.
3) Let me guess you only test your software with a clean windows installation on it (no third parter software on the machine)?
1) I can't speak for the video card or the game. I "can" speak about v2014 being the most advanced free anti-virus yet.
2) v2014 is not "crappy". Help us help you by supplying more information concerning your issues.
3) Testing was done by users, just like you, from around the world. Each user has different set-ups with a large variety of third party software in use.

If you desire our assistance please be more forthcoming by giving us more information.  :)

Para-Noid what can i say? finally a smart user with a smart response inviting me to contribute.

Im gonna supply my issues only because i have 3 months of sub left.... i mean at the end im gonna use this 2014 version sooner or later which i already paid for.

After upgrading avast or performing a clean install of avast internet security 2014:

1) Windvd Pro 11 doesnt appear on screen, you can click it and then nothing happens... that made me to uninstall it and to use power dvd 13
2) When trying to convert a video using ImToo video converter ultimate,  windows crashed and it was telling me it was gonna restart and then restarted.

Windows 7 errors:

1) windows 7 energy service crashing
2) Windows 7: WMI Event ID 10 "//./root/CIMV2

I was pissed off cause it take me hours to find the culprit i've never suspect about avast 2014, i reinstall my video drivers, i run scripts to fix Windows 7 and i was on the verge (again) to reinstall all windows 7 ultimate 64 bits when suddenly i though maybe was the new avast version.....i uninstalled it and everthing went back to normal.

However i run this script in order to try to fix my "issue":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375

It didnt fix it, until i uninstalled avast 2014. Now im afraid my pc won't be stable anymore.

As i said this is the fourth serious issue i've had with avast, first the buggy virus definitions of last year..... now this.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:37:19 AM by psikofunkster »

Stompem

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 05:33:03 AM »
That is a very unprofessional and rude response to a distressed customer. Antivirus software is a critical issue and bound to cause tension when the software fails. I will consider joining him in refusing to renew if you do not apologize to the customer. (If you are not admin then please disregard this post) If you are admin I suggest you beware of what you say in return to this post.

I am having the same issues of software anomalies and failure , that is why I am here and what do I see?

<snip>

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:37:36 AM by Stompem »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:10 AM »

i dont give a damn about what you think troll, so go away you are not giving support for free you are just F with the users who are having serious issues.
You are seriously confused about the meaning of what a troll is ::) but fine! if you don't want to supply information about what your problem is so that we might be able to help then we wont help you, bye :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »
so go away you are not giving support for free
- We won't go away.
- We don't get paid. You must be having a real weird definition of free.
- We can't help people if they don't help us and are willing to accept help. (e.g. giving requested information, doing as we suggest)
- I've been working with pc's since 1983 and I have build my first computer in 1981.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 01:25:21 PM »
Help is always a two way street. You have a problem, someone hopefully has the answer.
Help can't be offered if the problem isn't properly explained or if the person with the problem isn't willing
to supply the needed information, logs, etc needed to solve the problem.
An Antivirus program by it's nature needs to be a very invasive product. It therefore has to get along with
millions of programs. It's also impossible for the products producer to test this compatibility with every other product 
out there.
Reporting incompatibilities is the only way these problems can an will get resolved.
You can remain a part of those that have a problem or, you can become the one willing to help others with similar problems resolve the problem.
The choice is totally yours. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
Help is always a two way street. You have a problem, someone hopefully has the answer.
Help can't be offered if the problem isn't properly explained or if the person with the problem isn't willing
to supply the needed information, logs, etc needed to solve the problem.
An Antivirus program by it's nature needs to be a very invasive product. It therefore has to get along with
millions of programs. It's also impossible for the products producer to test this compatibility with every other product 
out there.
Reporting incompatibilities is the only way these problems can an will get resolved.
You can remain a part of those that have a problem or, you can become the one willing to help others with similar problems resolve the problem.
The choice is totally yours. :)
Hi,
maybe we have to review with a more global eye

what guys want :

-a (maybe) strainer security tool like Windows defender + W firewall with some virus risk - but who fix important attacks and lower are easily removable
 Nb:I have 1 of my 4 pc like this for 1 year without any big troubles

-a finicky security tool like avast with near all attack protect (false positive protect too  ;D) - but with more and more risk to spend time to fight against big install issue than eradicated virus themselves.

-a scale at the middle ?

Personnaly I would like the number 3 even if overall I'm happy with my 3 ais licenses .