Author Topic: Thank your very much avast developers for.....  (Read 10078 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: Thank your very much avast developers for.....
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »
@chris5,
What does quoting my reply to psikofunkster have to do with your comment ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

mar122999

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 03:18:28 PM »
..............messing with my computer again!  >:(

This is like the third or fourth serious and last time you are messing with my pc.

How? im not telling you im not working for you for free, but avast 2014 was the culprit again

Im NOT renewing my sub with you.

What do all these software have in common? :

Latest nvida drivers with a gtx 560 video card = Star wars the old republic (game) = avast internet security 2014

Crappy software period.

Really developers you dont test your software before releasing it? or wait let me guess you only test your software with a clean windows installation on it (no third parter software on the machine)?

Wow!

Interesting, this version of Avast brought me back as a customer. I've never been more happy.

Stompem

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »
avast is not giving me the protection for free
If you are a home-/non commercial user they sure do offer you free protection.
im not working for free for the developers and avast
They are paying their employees.
This is like the third or fourth serious and last time you are messing with my pc.
the people from avast are not using your pc, you do. So if your system is messed up, you are responsible for it.
Free or not, he/she is a customer. You must behave yourselves and be polite at all times on this forum regardless of who you are.

I have been a paying customer for years and I can tell you that the program is deteriorating along with the service and forum help.

The current problems (of which you are well aware) are still not anywhere near resolved, this after uploading system data, reports etc...

Everyone (not forgetting free customers are potential paying customers) will remember you if they have a virus attack while this BS continues..
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:22:38 PM by Stompem »

Stompem

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
the people from avast are not using your pc, you do. So if your system is messed up, you are responsible for it.

This is an unbelievable statement.

If that is the official standing will an official verify that? I seriously doubt it.

If so there will be complaints over this to the highest level..

Absolutely Outrageous!

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 03:32:56 PM »

If that is the official standing will an official verify that? I seriously doubt it.

Absolutely Outrageous!

Have you excluded the driver/game in Avast exclusions? Have you tried a repair? Have you tried a clean install? Does temporarily disabling Avast fix the issue?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
Free or not, he/she is a customer. You must behave yourselves and be polite at all times on this forum regardless of who you are.

I have been a paying customer for years and I can tell you that the program is deteriorating along with the service and forum help.

The current problems (of which you are well aware) are still not anywhere near resolved, this after uploading system data, reports etc...

Everyone (not forgetting free customers are potential paying customers) will remember you if they have a virus attack while this BS continues..
Help was offered in a friendly manner but as the user refuses to help us understand what his problem actually is then it is impossible to proceed, demanding and becoming offensive toward the users here that help for free doesn't earn the OP any points and as such he is returned a response with the same respect and manner he has given us.

Stompem

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »

Absolutely Outrageous!

Have you excluded the driver/game in Avast exclusions? Have you tried a repair? Have you tried a clean install? Does temporarily disabling Avast fix the issue?
Avast is the only problem, it failed on this update and now will not update program or download Virus Dbase there is no problem with any other software but it leaves my machines more and more exposed every hour this continues. I have taken all reasonable and possible steps through the program and the support section.

I doubt Eddy above, built his first PC in 1981, unless he had about $14,000. I think he needs to try to understand how people who don't have the knowledge of these things can panic or become inordinately frustrated. This should be taken in stride whilst striving to bring a solution.

A simple you need to explain would do.

It came to my attention and these posts are the result as I was quite taken aback with the attitude displayed.

I am a system builder and trouble shooter but unfortunately I cannot gain any access to Avast to even try to fix it beside executing the clean up tool. This is not practical due to a large amount of programs with explicit settings and resetting the application rules would be extremely inconvenient.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 03:56:53 PM »
Stompem please go and read the OP's first post, he refuses to help or explain the issue.

You should also not doubt Eddy as for all you know he did build his first PC in 81 and it may have cost him $14000 "you don't know"

On another note if you have an issue that you need help with you should open a topic of your own and not interrupt in issues that don't directly concern you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »
-The program has only gotten better and better.
- The service has gotten better since you now can call avast directly for free from several countries and they have more people to give support.
- The help on this webboard is still the same quality (if not better) as it was a couple of years ago.
- Only if he/she paid for the product it is a customer. But support/help is free for everyone.
- Why don't you tell him/her to be polite? He/she isn't from the beginning.
-I am not launching any malware attack to anyone.
- I sure hope they remember me since I am one (of the many people here) who are trying to help others in a honest and decent way.
who's laughing now Jackass
And you are asking us to be polite? I suggest you start being polite.

Stompem

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »

Help was offered in a friendly manner but as the user refuses to help us understand what his problem actually is then it is impossible to proceed, demanding and becoming offensive toward the users here that help for free doesn't earn the OP any points and as such he is returned a response with the same respect and manner he has given us.
I'm afraid that is quite an inadequate position to hold even as a volunteer (which is appreciated by most users here I'm sure, including myself).

How to explain it? Would be utmost on the complainants mind.
How do you explain something that is beyond your own comprehension? Which I suspect is the case here.
I saw the posts and the initial reply was OK. Unfortunately you get this, you have to rise above it.
Being calm, polite and professional about it (volunteer or not), conducting interactions here in this way will ensure the integrity and reputation of this forum.
It isn't hard to see that point of view as the correct one is it?
It's only one customer but these things can have a serious flow on effect which can only be a detrimental one in the long run.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
I doubt Eddy above, built his first PC in 1981, unless he had about $14,000
You really have a reading problem. I said that I builded my first computer in 1981, not a pc. And it costed me about 150 Dutch Guilders.
Looks like you are the one with the Ego pal.... Yours is the attitude that needs changing.
And you call that polite?

Stompem

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »
Stompem please go and read the OP's first post, he refuses to help or explain the issue.

You should also not doubt Eddy as for all you know he did build his first PC in 81 and it may have cost him $14000 "you don't know"

On another note if you have an issue that you need help with you should open a topic of your own and not interrupt in issues that don't directly concern you.
That's exactly the sort of senseless reply I was intimating to, I don't care to get into an argument over Eddy "it was an unnecessary assumption on my behalf and my opinion only so I will apologize to Eddy for that) only please listen to the warning I have fairly given you. To continue with rudeness as representatives of this company cannot be good for it.

Stompem

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
-The program has only gotten better and better.
- The service has gotten better since you now can call avast directly for free from several countries and they have more people to give support.
- The help on this webboard is still the same quality (if not better) as it was a couple of years ago.
- Only if he/she paid for the product it is a customer. But support/help is free for everyone.
- Why don't you tell him/her to be polite? He/she isn't from the beginning.
-I am not launching any malware attack to anyone.
- I sure hope they remember me since I am one (of the many people here) who are trying to help others in a honest and decent way.
who's laughing now Jackass
And you are asking us to be polite? I suggest you start being polite.
Jackass

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »
Stompem you are being delusional, if the OP had asked for help then there are tools that can be run to find out all the information we need but as the OP blatantly stated he was unwilling to tell us what the problem may be then that for me and anyone else here that offers there time to help others spells troll and that the OP is here just to try and cause trouble.

I've owned/run several enterprises over the years and if I ever had a customer come to me with the attitude that the OP has shown to the help here they would have been tossed out on there backside.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
@Stompem,
If you have a problem or complaint, please start your own topic.
Don't hijack another persons.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet