Author Topic: avast reinstall/ uninstall not working.I DEMAND SOME ASSISTANCE ASAP!  (Read 1361 times)

kevbeck

I've literally spent my whole day/24 hours troubleshooting my system noted in an earlier thread i created called "safezone issue please respond" and i am at my wits end. Ive contacted avast customer service twice and both times was told that the tech believes the issue stemmed from my pc and therefore required me to pay $170 to get help from a "higher level tiered agent" . The issue was not my system and if it is now, then it is the result of avast corrupting my system. I am waiting from a call back from a supervisor. The customer support from avast is disgustingly terrible as they refuse to assist with something simple as uninstalling and re-installing or issues that are caused with the software therof.
     In the past 24 hours i have Uninstalled avast including using the uninstall utility then reinstalled and delt with my pc being frozen and non-responsive (which has never occurred before). i was forced to do multiple system restores in trying to install avast and have it working correctly. I tried my last time to reinstall AIS and the avast service does not work, all shields are off. Repairing avast and restarting my system freezes, this occurs in an endless loop. I almost had luck doing a system restore to 4 days ago but on that try, the avast firewall would not turn on even with a repair via programs and features and safezone does not work. The UI was stating that a system restart was required for safezone to work but doing that did nothing. So my very last time i uninstalled then downloaded AIS again and im back to square one. All shields are off, repairing avast does nothing, and when i restart my computer it will freeze and i will be forced to do a system restore (i will have to do this for the 15th time after typing this thread), Inserting my license or using any UI feature yields a RPC error.

**** There is something obviously wrong with some avast files/registry/components and i need help solving this issue.

Its pathetic of me to still be asking for help and attempting to fix this issue even when being denied by phone for support. So im hoping someone is willing to walk me through fixing this. I enjoy using avast when it works... please help me, i wasted a day of my life ill never get back.... :/

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: avast reinstall/ uninstall not working.I DEMAND SOME ASSISTANCE ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »
Hello,
I can say you're lucky in your misfortune  >:( , as far I'm concerned I spent the last 72 hours to a similar issue with an "earthquake" in my registry.
Bad luck for me , no more restored points was aviable.
It happened after I wanted to do a clear install by the tool (firewall was unactif at the begining).
pc being frozen and non-responsive after the boot (even in safe mode , even in last good used config , even with recovery console on winxp CD).
At 2 fingers to ré-install OS , I boot with an other HDD , deleted used files "system","software","sam","security" and "default" from system32\config , replaced and renamed by files created in march 2013 by "tuneup" ? (named "SOFTWARE_tureg_old" , ....).
I 'am happy to see after 2 days lost time , my system boot again quickly , but it's not finished , I can see lot of some issues remaining.
at this time by example , even if I can open system tools (like system restore , users account , defrag , ...) I have just the windows with only white screen , nothing inside....
Well ... , I enjoy using avast when it works me too... I wonder if I have a better usable pc with or without anivirus  ;D at least i don't have to pay for virus inside