Author Topic: Gmail not working through Windows live mail avast pro antivirus  (Read 4239 times)

selbystars

Gmail not working through Windows live mail avast pro antivirus
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me... Since I installed the latest version of pro antivirus (2014.9.0.2006) I've not been able to receive my gmail emails through windows live anymore. This is the message I get.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (-my username-) account. Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. The server has refused the connection.

Server Response: Cannot connect to IMAP server 173.194.66.109 (173.194.66.109:143), NB connect error 1460
Server: 'imap.gmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 143
Secure(SSL): No

I see there have been some posts about this problem already, with people pointing to an avast tutorial which deals with it:

https://support3.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=917&nav=0%2C616

But whenever I go to that URL, I can't find any way to watch the video - there's no video player, just the following text, that isn't a link:  Video: Configuring e-mail accounts accessed via SSL protocol.

Can anyone help to either be able to watch the video or tell me what changes I need to make to get gmail and avast working together again?

Thanks for any help!

Mark.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Gmail not working through Windows live mail avast pro antivirus
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »
The tutorial video is there. You will need to have Adobe Flash-player installed if you want to watch it.

selbystars

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:25:27 PM »
Thanks Eddy, Looks like I might have a problem with flash then, as it's definitely installed. The video won't be restricted to just the US? I'm in the UK. Flash seems to be working ok on other sites.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
I'm at the other side of the channel (The Netherlands) and it works for me without a problem.
Perhaps remove flash completely, cleanup the system (CCleaner) and install the latest flash version.