Author Topic: Next planned update on the disaster called Avast 2014  (Read 13540 times)

kevbeck

Re: Next planned update on the disaster called Avast 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 07:48:37 AM »
With the exception of some avast issues with ver 8 , avast was working fine. Then when i was advised to un-install and re-install the new 2014 AIS ver, avast ceased to work. I still dont have it running on my system at this time :/ . And tech support want to put blame on my OS or the registry. No , my pc is working flawless just like it was before, the only thin that changed was maybe a java update ..maybe? and virus update for avast. I guess avast is saying the virus updates caused my regisrty and OS to fail!!   FAIL!

Also to add that avast phone support or tech support does not advocate or condone for its own forums and states i should not search or get help on here as it is not safe or credible. I wont even go into how absurd that sounds...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:50:48 AM by kevbeck »

Comme ci comme ça

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
My license of Avast internet security will finish very soon. I will not pay and continue with Avast. Someday it worth to pay for avast.

"My nickname sais all"

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
My license of Avast internet security will finish very soon. I will not pay and continue with Avast. Someday it worth to pay for avast.

"My nickname sais all"
So going by your previous posts you would give up superior protection just for the reason that your unable to navigate the UI or like the look of it ::) why do you need to look at the UI anyway ??? for me once it's installed that's it, I don't need to look at it as it works on it's own without any input from me :)

lord ami

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
So far all the PCs I maintain (~15) have been running v2014 fine without a single problem. Some updated, some were fresh installs.

I would love to run into problems myself so I could help the developers to fix it for me and other users as well.
2014 is a major release, and with userbase this big, bugs can be expected. Give it some time, it will be all right.

Erroneus

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
I really didn't expect Avast would leave their customers in the dark for so long time, but I guess they have realized how many issues Avast 2014 has and it takes time to fix them.

So when are Avast 2014 moving from it's current beta phase to a final build with the next update?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »
I really didn't expect Avast would leave their customers in the dark for so long time, but I guess they have realized how many issues Avast 2014 has and it takes time to fix them.

So when are Avast 2014 moving from it's current beta phase to a final build with the next update?
Erroneus if you have nothing better to do than troll this forum posting negative comments in every thread you come across then please don't bother posting at all.

Erroneus

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »
It has nothing to do with trolling. I'm a paying customer, who had to remove Avast 2014 because it was a disaster, so I simply just want an answer to when Avast are going to live up to what I'm paying for and deliver a working version of Avast 2014.

The lack of information from Avast is worrying.

... woav really a warning, because I'm not happily smiling while Avast can't live up to it promises, how mature.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:07:36 PM by Erroneus »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
It has nothing to do with trolling. I'm a paying customer, who had to remove Avast 2014 because it was a disaster, so I simply just want an answer to when Avast are going to live up to what I'm paying for and deliver a working version of Avast 2014.

The lack of information from Avast is worrying.
Sorry but you are trolling, if you have an issue with avast then bring it up in one thread and stop posting rubbish in all the other threads you come across.

If you'd like to discuss maturity then please take a second look at all your posts as there is nothing mature in your behaviour.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:10:22 PM by craigb »

Erroneus

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 04:10:38 PM »
This is my own thread, I'm the original poster and It's a legitimate question, which I'm going to ask again.

When are we going to see an update from Avast, which hopefully will bring Avast 2014 up to proper quality.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »
As Lukas asked you in reply 6 if you have an issue please supply the logs.

Erroneus

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
I can't submit any logs, as I'm not running Avast 2014 anymore, because I simply doesn't want to run a software solution, which creates so many problems. It's NOT my job to beta test your software and that's why I am waiting for a new version of Avast 2014 and that's why my question is very fair.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 04:37:41 PM »
I believe you have already been answered previously on your comments about beta testing ::) and like I have also mentioned please keep your questions to the one thread " here " and not in numerous places which is regarded as trolling.

Erroneus

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 04:43:59 PM »
So because I have a different opinion on the quality of Avast 2014, I am not entitled to an answer? Woav really. I never saw the warning, that only users with no problems was allowed to post in here.

Again you are trying to avoid the question, which me and many others are asking: When will we see an update to Avast 2014.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »
I never said you couldn't have a opinion, I asked for you to stop trolling the forum and posting negative comments everywhere.

As you started this thread keep it to here but you have gone about many other threads posting negatively in all.

I'm also not avoiding any question ??? I don't work for avast so I couldn't tell you if or when there is going to be an update but I would think there are plans in the works for an update maybe next week if I read correctly somewhere on the forum recently.
The only problem I can see you had was with the firewall so you are flogging the whole beta test phrase a bit hard aren't you! and the other complaint about software updater - there maybe some bugs still but I don't follow this area, it's not something I use as I prefer to look after my own software updates.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
Here is the Update build number 9.0.2007 http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=138753.msg1013528