Author Topic: Attack On GMAIL or My PC? HTML:Bankfraud-BYL Trojan  (Read 23158 times)

UserA789

Re: Attack On GMAIL or My PC? HTML:Bankfraud-BYL Trojan
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:33 PM »
Okay...

Im not trying to beat this dead horse, I am putting this for disclaimer:

The solutions to what is happening in my Chrome, via Chrome support, do not match what is going on inside my Chrome (IE. files, directories, shares, etc.)  This al began when this alert started going off.  Iv tried both stanaldone installers for Chrome and I can get them to work on every profile on my PC but one.  Of course Im not getting the error now as Avast as made it so it wont.

That's all.

Varlik

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2013, 03:27:08 AM »
Can anyone (with a longer history on this site then just a few posts. No offense.) confirm that this is actually a false positive.  I've followed the Facebook links and can't find the Topic nor a reply from an avast rep saying It's a False Positive. 

Offline fsintegral

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2013, 06:45:44 PM »
Hello !

I'm sorry to post my own issue as my very first message on Avast forum, but this is bugging me since three days.

I've read TwinHeadedEagle's post on page 2 stating I have to :
1) download AdwCleaner and install
2) launch a scan, reboot then open the log file
3) post here that log file
4) download GMER and install
5) launch a scan, and post log file (same as above)
6) ..... same with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

^^ then some of you said this threat could be a false positive.

Now, I don't know what to think, since this is my parent's computer, Win8 home (so I'm unsure the above applications will work fine, and how to remove them after all this - not my computer as I said)
Thanks in advance for giving some lights about this issue.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2013, 01:57:34 AM »
No alerts for me on Firefox.  I have the gmail notifier so I'm always logged in.

Varlik

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2013, 04:35:10 AM »
I'm not sure what to think either since I've followed the links to Facebook that others in this very topic have posted.  None of them on avast's Facebook page have anyone from avast saying that it was a false positive. 

I finally found one by searching this topic on Google.  It was only visible by viewing the cached version.  Why would Avast delete or remove this topic and their response from their Facebook page?  Because of this and the fact that those who posted on this forum that this was a false positive have low (1-4) post counts I'm skeptical. 

I've found other posts with the same scenario to what has been posted here on other websites forums / discussion boards.  One was a Google discussion board topic about this very subject.  Then in the topic Someone with only one post to their history pops up and says avast posted on their Facebook page that it's a false positive. Yet I spent over an hour going over avast's Facebook page and nothing.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:37:35 AM by Varlik »