Author Topic: Trj.pgpcoder.A  (Read 3978 times)

tightlines

Trj.pgpcoder.A
« on: May 25, 2005, 10:16:57 PM »
 ??? wondering if the latest update takes care of Trj.Pgp.Coder.A which holds your files for ransom????

Thanks  :) :)

The Maxx

Re: Trj.pgpcoder.A
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 12:01:03 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  I was about to post and ask about it.

This from Panda's site. http://www.pandasoftware.com/about/press/viewNews.aspx?noticia=6243
"PandaLabs has recently reported the appearance of a type of malware that encrypts files on the infected computer and then asks for a fee in order to release these files. This is a new type of behavior, rarely seen until now, and to which the FBI in the United States are now alert.

The malware in question, Trj.PGPCoder.A, is a Trojan, and as is usual in these cases, cannot propagate by itself.  Once installed on a computer, it creates two registry keys: one to ensure it is run on every system startup, and the second to monitor the progress of the Trojan in the infected computer, counting the number of files that have been analyzed by the malicious code."   :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 12:04:03 AM by The Maxx »

Omar

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 01:32:07 PM »

Omar

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 03:34:43 PM »
does avast detect this trojan?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 04:18:36 PM »
This trojan doesn't self replicate or propagate itself by mail or IM,so there is a very very small chance that you can get it. There are still several AV vendors that can't detect it.
I'm sure Alwil is trying to find it as we speak.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 12:52:35 AM »
I believe the detection was added days ago, unfortunatelly under a completely different name (which I don't remember :-\).