Here is some more information.
All sites were working fine before the 2014 update, no problems at all. The problems started to occur right after the update. So I am hesitated to believe that there is malcode in BOTH of my browsers. I am not sure what happened yesterday, everything was suddenly working fine even with webshield on.
Today when I tried to use internet, the errors came back. I was not able to use YouTube, Google Translate etc... + also I got the same error when trying to access Avast! forums
This feels kind of messy. After trying different google domains, I started to see the pattern that all the normal HTTP domains seem to fail loading. HTTPS domains worked without a problem.
Example of the error in Mozilla Firefox:
Example of the IE error: