Author Topic: Can't finish update due to problem with screen  (Read 1610 times)

adanepst

Can't finish update due to problem with screen
« on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:25 AM »
Hello,
Avast (free version) just updated (the program), and after the restart, I get a full-screen window detailing the new features of Avast 2014, the option to installe Google Chrome toolbars, etc, and telling me that to complete the installation/update, I need to click on continue. The problem is that this full-screen window is larger than my screen, and the continue button is completely invisible to me, and thus inaccessible. The only way I am able to continue using my computer is to summon Windows task manager in order to be able to open windows of other programs, otherwise I would be stuck in the Avast update window. Please help!
Thank you.
adanepst

Alex-B

Re: Can't finish update due to problem with screen
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »
What I understand is that the real problem here is that you can't access the "Continue" button because the window is larger than your screen size. If this is the case, first you should know it is a common problem especially when you are using a mini laptop. Try to change the screen resolution because probably you are using a small resolution. Push it to full and see what happens. If it doesn't work download a tool that will help you. There is a tool I have used and it is called AltDrag. It will allow you to resize your windows to a size that can fit on your screen. When you start the program you just need to hold down the Alt key and move any window around and resize, maximize or close it.
Check the links for more solutions and to downoad AltDrag which is free.
http://www.techyv.com/questions/software-dialouge-box-too-larger

https://code.google.com/p/altdrag/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:02:15 PM by Alex-B »

adanepst

Re: Can't finish update due to problem with screen
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »
Thank you very much, your first solution solved my problem. Much appreciated!!!
Thanks again and have a great day.
adanepst