Author Topic: About reinstallations of avast! Pro  (Read 2011 times)

Matrix Leader

About reinstallations of avast! Pro
« on: January 13, 2014, 06:49:47 PM »
One of the things I hate about some AVs like Kaspersky is that you reinstall the product 3 times even if it's on the same PC with the same hardware and same computer name, and your license is blocked and it takes ages to reset the activation count through support.

I like ESET NOD32 for not having such limits and allows you to reinstall as many times as you wish which is essential for someone like me who installs/reinstalls a lot due to testing new drivers and stuff, I run a PC tweaking website and thus need that

anyway, NOD23 v7 slows down my internet and file copying process so much and it's very buggy despite having a good track record

now my question is, how does avast! handle license reinstalltion/reactivation? if I delete the computer from my Avast account online, can I freely reinstall it again or does it have such limits like Kaspersky?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: About reinstallations of avast! Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »
The licensing work on the number of systems and not the number of installs.  I think I have done about 20 re-installs this last year with no problem ( I play with all the betas :)

Matrix Leader

Re: About reinstallations of avast! Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »
excellent!! I'm glad I finally found an excellent NOD32 alternative!