Author Topic: Avast! OnLine Security  (Read 2793 times)

Stewart2240

Avast! OnLine Security
« on: October 16, 2013, 02:34:51 AM »
When the OnLine Security in IE* is ON cannot access web pages using Google & Bing searches

The Searches are ok when the OnLine Security is DISABLED.

*XP/IE8 & W7/IE10

aztony

Re: Avast! OnLine Security
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:10:48 AM »
When the OnLine Security in IE* is ON cannot access web pages using Google & Bing searches

The Searches are ok when the OnLine Security is DISABLED.

*XP/IE8 & W7/IE10
I had that issue over the weekend with RC3 9.0.2005. Since I updated to 9.0.2006 today, 1st thing I did was check that functionality. It works fine for currently.

Offline nalo89

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 05:03:49 AM »
I had a similar problem upon installing Avast 2014. With Avast online security add-ons enabled I could call up IE9 and type in a search but as soon as I clicked on a website link IE9 closed down. Disabling the add-ons let me use IE9 as normal. I use Linkstash to shortcut websites and selecting a site with it when the add-ons were enabled did not cause a problem. I submitted a support ticket and have been told to uninstall and reinstall Avast 2014.

Pappin

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »
Is it correct that some functions (Web Analytics allowed/Others allowed) has everytime to reactivate when I restart Chrome ?

It is so annoying, maybe I do something wrong ?!?!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »
Avast Free 2014.9.0.2006: When the Online Security plug-in is enabled in IE9 my Google home page and other websites can sometimes take many seconds to open or cannot be opened. I see only a blank screen. I am using Google search engine. The problem seems to be intermittent. The same websites and my home page can sometimes open within a second or two with the plug-in enabled. When it is disabled, the same pages reliably open within a second. The Add-On Manager in IE9 tells me that the plug-in loads in .02 sec, but navigation time is 12.22 secs!! Shockwave flash object and Java helper are the only other add-ons enabled. I keep my computer running lean and fast (Core i7, 16Gb 1600MHz RAM, nothing but Avast in Startup Menu, cookies and temps cleared, all clean and up to date).

I did not check navigation time for Avast plug-in with the previous version of Avast free because there was no lagging or failure to navigate.

Is navigation time of 12.22 secs and occasional failure to navigate what I can expect with Online Security plug-in enabled in IE9, when running Avast Free 2014 with Windows 7 64 bit?

I have disabled for now. I suppose it is not practicle to revert to the previous version of Avast. Is that so? Would it be worth uninstalling and reinstalling Avast free 2014?