Author Topic: Avast downloading a lot of data secretly  (Read 4757 times)

mokkaman

Avast downloading a lot of data secretly
« on: June 16, 2013, 04:21:11 AM »
Even when I am typing this post DU meter shows data being downloaded at 100KBps. I wanted to find which program is the culprit downloader and used netlimiter. GOt to know that avast! service is the thing which is downloading a lot.  I have attached a screenshot below. I have latest version of avast update and program. I also tried disabling streaming update and reputation. But still a lot of data is being downloaded by avast. 

Now all I want is, I dont want avast to connect to internet without my permission. What must I do to enable this.
I am in a costly data plan and cant afford dwnlds @ 100kBps everytime I use internet.
Please help on how to stop this dwnlding by avast.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Avast downloading a lot of data secretly
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 11:11:08 AM »
The reason it is showing as Avast is that all network traffic is filtered through webshield/netshield

So something else is downloading the data

Johnny4745

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »
Even when I am typing this post DU meter shows data being downloaded at 100KBps. I wanted to find which program is the culprit downloader and used netlimiter. GOt to know that avast! service is the thing which is downloading a lot.  I have attached a screenshot below. I have latest version of avast update and program. I also tried disabling streaming update and reputation. But still a lot of data is being downloaded by avast. 

Now all I want is, I dont want avast to connect to internet without my permission. What must I do to enable this.
I am in a costly data plan and cant afford dwnlds @ 100kBps everytime I use internet.

Check and see if you have NetSession installed on your computer.  Look in Control Panel, Programs and Features.

mokkaman

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 04:44:20 AM »
The reason it is showing as Avast is that all network traffic is filtered through webshield/netshield

So something else is downloading the data

How to find which is the something else ?

mokkaman

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 04:45:03 AM »

Check and see if you have NetSession installed on your computer.  Look in Control Panel, Programs and Features.

I dont have netsession, only netlimiter

Johnny4745

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »

How to find which is the something else ?

You should be able to find it in Network Connections in the Firewall.  It shows bytes in and bytes out.

wyrmrider

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »
system explorer app

mokkaman

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:55:31 AM »
Its an app called soluto, which updates PC apps in background. somehow, its shown as avast dwnlding the content instead of soluto