Author Topic: Recurring problem with security center  (Read 6363 times)

Diddy

Recurring problem with security center
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:02:57 AM »
HI I would like to talk about something that keeps bugging the crap out of me lately and it has to do with avast free 2014 lasted program version. 

I am still having issues with Security Center coming up in my lower taskbar and saying that I have to check my Security Alerts so when I click on the security center icon in my lower taskbar and I am in security center.   Malware protection module is red and it says below that that avast is saying that it is turned off so I click on the button to turn on avast and nothing happens I get no error messages or anything.  I should say that this has been happening to me repeatedly to me lately.  I have rebooted numerous times this week and still the security center icon comes up in the lower taskbar on my computer.  I would really like to now if their is a solution to this recurring problem that is a real pain in the butt. 

I should say that I never had this problem or issue with avast before.  I have only had this issue with avast 2014.  I do hope that this does get fix soon though. 
I have a picture I took of the security alert in security center to upload to this thread

Thanks avast team.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Recurring problem with security center
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:14:33 AM »
Repair avast!:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Diddy

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »
Thanks Asyn for the suggestion.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:25:12 AM »
You're welcome Diddy.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Diddy

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:53:37 AM »
HI Asyn I just thought I would let you now that doing a repair on avast seems to have done the trick but I am not convinced other wise yet so SSI will let you now if this issue comes back again soon.
Thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:00:33 AM »
OK, report back.

Diddy

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »
HI I just thought I should write an update to this recurring problem I did see the Security Center icon come on my lower taskbar and it was their for a while until I restarted my computer because it crashed.  So now the security center icon is gone from my takbar for now I do not want to say it to loud though because it might come back soon.

Have a good weekend everyone

Diddy

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 07:29:13 AM »
HI I am having some issues with avast free 2014 before I could not click on the avast icon in the lower toolbar so I thought I should maybe try a repair of avast so I went a head and did the repair of avast while the repair was continuing the security icon came up in the lower toolbar and a message followed saying check for multiple warnings so i clicked on the security icon when the repair was done and sure enough the malware protection module was red and below that it said that I had no antivirus installed on my computer then below that it said spyware protection was turned off as well   So I restarted my computer thinking that it might correct this issue  I should say that when the security center said I had  no anitvirus on my computer the avast icon was sitting in the lower toolbar the whole time.

So I restarted my computer and when my computer got to the desktop and the avast icon was in the lower toolbar sure enough the security icon showed up in the lower toolbar.  But this time when I clicked on the security center icon in the lower toolbar the security center had avast under the malware protection this time and it says under virus protection that avast antivirus is turned off.  Uncer that it says that s[uware protection is turned on. 

I have got a screen shot of what happened the second time security center came up
when I restarted my computer after repairing avast free.

I should also mention that when I have had to do a repair of avast free lately the security center Icon will come up in the lower toolbar most of the time.  Other times the security center icon will appear sometimes out of no where and if I restart my computer that seems to get rid of the security center Alerts icon for a while anyways.  But this time how ever that did not happen what can I do to fix this problem if you need more imformation at all or help let me now please anything I can do to help fix this would be nice.

Thanks agan help always appreciated and welcomed.

Diddy

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 06:25:47 AM »
HI I thought that I would do a repair on avast free 2014 to see if that would help bring the definitions up to date.  So after the avast repair was finished the Security Alerts icon came up in the lower toolbar saying with a message that I should check my security because I had multiple security issues so I clicked on the security alerts icon in the toolbar and what greeted me was that the malware protection was in red and below that virus protection it said that windows could not find any antivirus software on this computer.  Then below that it said that their was no spyware protection.  So this time I took a screen shot witch is below:
I should mention while all the above was happening the avast icon remained in the lower toolbar the whole time.
I restarted my computer and it came to to the desktop and their was no security alerts icon in my lower taskbar this time either.

Thanks very much avast

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »
Sounds like a catalogue corruption so you will need to reset it.. The method is different for Vista/7 and 8 though..

Diddy

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 10:00:14 PM »
HI Essexboy what are you talking about catalogue corruption so you will need to reset it.. The method is different for Vista/7 and 8 though..
Is it possible for you to help me with Esexboy I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks.

Gorg

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 10:32:54 PM »
Hm, not sure on Vista, but how -- I -- do this on Win 7 is...

Open your services and stop the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service.

Navigate to: "C:\Windows\System32\wbem" and delete the "Repository" folder.

Re-boot the machine and it will rebuild the catalog.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:34:51 PM by Gorg »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »
For Vista/7  http://my.opera.com/rejzor/blog/security-center-reset-1-0-released

If you wish windows 8 let me know

Diddy

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
HI Essexboy I did try the program to fix the following issue and it did not work.  So I am wondering if anyone has any more bright ideas to help me possibly fix this issue.  You see sometimes when I get to the desktop on my computer the security Alerts icon will come up in the lower taskbar and this time it asked me to check my anivirus status so I clicked on the icon and in the security center page came up and the malware protection is red below that this time it says under virus protection is turned off
spyware and other protection is turned on.

This does go away eventually when I restart my computer and when I get to the desktop sometimes several days will go by with no security alert icon in the lower taskbar and then all of a sudden the security alert icon will show up out of the blue back in the lower taskbar.

I do have a screen shot of this message for you to look at below:

Thanks very much everyone for the help avast keep up the great work
bye

Diddy

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 07:29:28 AM »
HI I forgot to mention that any time the security center icon comes up in the lower taskbar and I click on the security alerts icon and the security alerts says check your antivirus status even if avast is turned off in the security center or the spyware protection and the antivirus protection is turned off the funny thing is that the avast icon is always in the taskbar and is working away with no problem or issues. 

Thanks and have a good weekend everyone