Author Topic: A.I.S. 2014 still blocks my home network  (Read 37493 times)

-André-

Re: A.I.S. 2014 still blocks my home network
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 09:24:05 PM »
With avast! 8 I had a Home Network, not anymore with 2014!

doktornotor

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »
I bought AIS to be well protected.

Why shouldn't it be NOT for me?

You will be more protected by NOT using it and sticking with something that is completely automated and working out of the box with possibly no prompts about anything whatsoever. If you have no clue what you are doing and don't even know how to launch the configuration GUI, you seriously should not be configuring firewalls.

-André-

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 09:26:30 PM »
I didn't configure anything, why should I?

doktornotor

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 09:27:10 PM »
Oh god... outta here. Get a qualified system admin for your computer. Have a nice day.

-André-

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Here in Belgium it's already night (21:34h).

Have a good night, I'm out.

doktornotor

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 09:42:33 PM »
Not right now... It's been a generic advise for whatever administration purposes and needs you happen to have now or in future.

Jont

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 03:24:40 AM »
Avast 2014 is blocking port forwarding. Did not happened before 2014.

-André-

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 05:15:53 AM »
Is this what they call customer-friendliness?  Or do they want us to upgrade to avast! Premier?

I've got 3 or 4 times the mention that contact with other PC's only is possible with the subscription "Premier", the most expensive subscription.

Grtz,  André.

-André-

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 05:22:47 AM »
Not right now... It's been a generic advise for whatever administration purposes and needs you happen to have now or in future.

@ doktornotor,

I thank you for your most friendly and helpful posts.  I enjoyed it.

Be blessed.

André.

doktornotor

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 08:40:54 AM »
Is this what they call customer-friendliness?  Or do they want us to upgrade to avast! Premier?
I've got 3 or 4 times the mention that contact with other PC's only is possible with the subscription "Premier", the most expensive subscription.

Please, use http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php to descibe your issues with the support and provide information about the "upselling" practices directly to Avast (the support is outsourced, not provided directly by Avast). Provide as many details about the support call as possible. The advise is NOT correct. No avast! Premier needed.

Kindly start your own thread.

-André-

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »

@ Jont,

Go ahead !

Grtz,  André.

-André-

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
@ doktornotor,

Do you really think that I will fall on my knees for you, and that I will follow you to another forum?  I'd rather install AVG Free.

I thought you were smarter than this.

Grtz, André

doktornotor

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
Do you really think that I will fall on my knees for you, and that I will follow you to another forum?  I'd rather install AVG Free.

What another forum?  ???

I wanted you to contact Avast sales directly so that the support issues you mentioned here get resolved and the phone support company stops upselling people with unneeded products. Once again, the support is outsourced to another company, and NOT provided by Avast themselves. If you are not happy with the contact form (not another forum!), I'd suggest to report it to Adam Riley directly here on the forum: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=profile;u=16074

If you are not interested in resolving this, well... not really sure what to say.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:54:39 PM by doktornotor »

-André-

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »

Kindly start your own thread.

Who are you to decide that, whether or not, someone can post on this topic?

doktornotor

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 04:07:58 PM »
Since you already asked, you normally do NOT hijack other people's topic with unrelated problems (such as port forwarding here). It interferes with solving your problem, and will not get the other problem solved either. Will just make hell of a mess out of the thread. It's common sense and also common practice on pretty much any forum out there.

Other than that - really sorry to have wasted my time with you. I even got other people  involved in order to get in touch with Avast about the phone support issue. And what did I get for that?

Who are you to decide that, whether or not, someone can post on this topic?

So, let me conclude this with an absolutely honest reply: Sir, you should not EVER administrate any computer whatsoever. You should not have admin rights on anything that even remotely resembles a computer. And, if you need help, you need to pay for it, since you've just annoyed pretty much the only person who's been willing to spend free time on getting your problem resolved somehow. Well done! Hope you are happy now.

<sarcasm>Have a nice day!</sarcasm>