Author Topic: Why is "Deep Scan" screwing up cygwin  (Read 4028 times)

Offline vandermude

Why is "Deep Scan" screwing up cygwin
« on: October 26, 2013, 02:48:14 AM »
I opened a cygwin window on my computer and tried to copy a file. The action was locked because of something called "Deep Scan". I never heard of this before!!!. I tried to run an awk script and "Deep Scan" brought to to a screeching halt. What is this "Deep Scan"??? How can I make it go away? I cannot get any real work done if it interferes with cygwin.

marc-d-l

Re: Why is "Deep Scan" screwing up cygwin
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:45:14 AM »
This may not be a good idea,but if you want to turn it off go to avast interface/ setting/antivirus/uncheck deep scan.You can also try excluding cygwin exclusion is just a bit lower on the page.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:48:49 AM by marc-d-l »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »
Well, DeepScreen is a new module/scanning of avast! 2014.
Its windows should be shown and less than 15 seconds after your program is released to load normally.
Files with low prevalence are/could be triggered by DeepScreen.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Keithuk

• http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 11:55:07 PM »
The DeepScan is a pain in the backside as it only pops up on exe's I've made and they aren't virus apps. It just the same a SandBox used to do but you could turn that feature off.

I've turned of most setting in Programs and Features and it still runs. Anyone know how to turn DeepScan off?
Windows XP SP3 (Desktop)
Windows 7 32bit good (Laptop) fooked won't charge
DELL Inspiron Windows 10 x64 SHIT Laptop the worst fooking laptop design ever made
Avast FREE SHIT

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:42:41 AM »
The DeepScan is a pain in the backside as it only pops up on exe's I've made and they aren't virus apps. It just the same a SandBox used to do but you could turn that feature off.

I've turned of most setting in Programs and Features and it still runs. Anyone know how to turn DeepScan off?

Please don't post multiple times for the same issue, I have responded to your other post, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=19387.msg1027895#msg1027895.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security