Author Topic: Green Circle??  (Read 3992 times)

Cazbumbaz

Green Circle??
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
Hiya

I have recently just upgraded to the new free Avast and I love it., but on the very top right of my screen is a small green circle with a number (it is 2 currently) . I have searched (very briefly) and cannot find any information on this, Could anybody please enlighten me on what this is.?

Thanks in advance.
 ;)

Offline Abigman

Re: Green Circle??
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 06:10:51 PM »
I was just about to post about this.
I use Firefox and it is showing on the Navigation Toolbar which I don't normally show.
But when I remove the toolbar it appears again when I reload Firefox, very annoying!

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »
A screenshot would help...
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Rohugh

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »
That is the Avast! Online Security icon,  gives info about the site.  It won't permanently stay off the UI if you drag it to the customize window, it returns when you open the browser again,  you need to actually disable the add-on if you don't want to see or use it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:45:12 PM by Rohugh »

Cazbumbaz

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »
Here you go, thanks in advance.

Cazbumbaz

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 06:42:02 PM »
Thanks Rohugh!

Offline Abigman

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 07:13:12 PM »
OK, I've disabled it and it no longer shows.
But it's ridiculous you have to disable a useful addon just to stop it being displayed.
There should be an option to display or suppress the icon.

Rohugh

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »
Yeah,  but without the icon on the UI there is nothing to click to get site information so disabling gives the same result.  However,  it would be good if it stayed in the customization panel if dragged there.  :)

SheilaW

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »
It's also not at all helpful that it is totally mute when you hover over it. I've been thinking it's got something to do with Google+ (who've developed a very interfering attitude just lately) and it's been worrying me no end. I'm not as computer-savvy as most, but there must be others like me who get worried by such things. Couldn't it say "avast! online security" when you hover over it???