Author Topic: After new Avast update, Firefox takes forever to load.  (Read 2493 times)

Mr_Moo

After new Avast update, Firefox takes forever to load.
« on: October 27, 2013, 02:38:44 AM »
After i updated Avast to the new version, it takes around 50 seconds for firefox to load. Its ok when it does eventually load, just the start up takes forever.
Any help appreciated

Win7 64

Mr_Moo

Re: After new Avast update, Firefox takes forever to load.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:45:37 AM »
If it`s any help i have version 2014.9.0.2006 payed license

Firefox normally starts instantly but is now taking around 50 seconds, double click the shortcut nothing for 50 sec then it pops up.

All other apps load instant, just firefox being lagged.

Offline stranger195

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 07:50:09 AM »
Try adding firefox.exe to the exclusions list in avast! > Settings > Antivirus > Exclusions.

Mr_Moo

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
I did try that and then removed the exclusion because it seems a bad idea to exclude a web browser from the antivirus, trying to get me a virus Stranger195?

As i said before the update everything started instantly but now Firefox takes ages to load.

Win 7 SP1 64
2014.9.0.2006 payed license
Overclocked iveybridge i7 @4.4
8gb Ram

fanko

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »
I did try that and then removed the exclusion because it seems a bad idea to exclude a web browser from the antivirus, trying to get me a virus Stranger195?

As i said before the update everything started instantly but now Firefox takes ages to load.

Win 7 SP1 64
2014.9.0.2006 payed license
Overclocked iveybridge i7 @4.4
8gb Ram

I have the same problem with the new version of Avast - every start of Firefox (last version) takes ~30 seconds. this was not happening before. I also think the exclusion of Firefox from the antivirus is a bad idea. Please update your software ASAP.
I tried with the installation repair - no success.

Win 7 x64 SP1
2014.9.0.2008 - payed

PP. I have to disable internet shield in order to use Firefox for browsing, otherwise i am not able to open any page. When the internet shield is disabled, i am not able to enable it again - nothing happens when i try to enable it. And then the avast UI stops responding and i have to reboot because the UI is not displayed anymore on the screen. It seems this version of Avast is very buggy and I hope you will create a patch very soon.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:43:54 PM by fanko »