Author Topic: Secureline and government spying.  (Read 15551 times)

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
Re: Secureline and government spying.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 09:21:34 AM »
Here is the answer for this thread :

Avast! staff

Avast, like any other provider of VPN services, must ensure that our customers do not use our services to violate the law, for instance, by downloading copyrighted materials without permission of the copyright owner. We cannot and do not actively monitor for this. However, if we receive a complaint about misuse (for instance, from a copyright owner), we will investigate and take action if the complaint is correct. This is standard procedure for reputable providers of VPN services.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=grq7leud6g5cf1to7asfvmluj2&topic=125166.0

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
Hi Chris Thomas,

This has nothing to so with original topic as started at the beginning of the thread and avast in particular, but what you are pointing at is you opposing and criticizing the general surveillance society and you are widening the topic mixing all sort of things up - governmental and big corporation security auditing and surveillance, mass data retention, DRM (vested Big Media Interests).

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 07:51:03 AM »
Hi Chris Thomas,

This has nothing to so with original topic as started at the beginning of the thread and avast in particular, but what you are pointing at is you opposing and criticizing the general surveillance society and you are widening the topic mixing all sort of things up - governmental and big corporation security auditing and surveillance, mass data retention, DRM (vested Big Media Interests).

polonus

I agree Polonus. I am against any sort of surveillance by the government under the disguise of protection and security. Who is stopping them from going through innocent people's data. No one. They operate with impunity and no consequences whatsoever.

You know, all of these are inter-related. I have used vpns nearly all my life and all I am saying is 'VPNs that doesn't log data can be trusted more than vpn that doesn't'

VPN's that does not log your real ip, assigned servers , login or log out times are most secure against NSA. Reputable vpns run these things in their ram.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:53:59 AM by Chris Thomas »

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 07:57:30 AM »

They are deleted in 30 days so thats bit good news.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:00:03 AM by Chris Thomas »