Author Topic: If avasti! is free, why is a license needed?  (Read 3452 times)

TigerMO

If avasti! is free, why is a license needed?
« on: October 27, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
I have installed avasti Pro 8.0 for Mac and the window says I am in Trial Mode.  If the program is free and other threads say that there is no longer a need for a license, why does it say it will expire in 30 days?  The only option I see under Maintenance>Subscription is to Insert License File.

mustang64

Re: If avasti! is free, why is a license needed?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:59:03 PM »
Hi There,
Good luck with "insert license file"  I get exactly the same thing and there is no way on earth that you will be able to register the thing.

I tried several posts to find out how to register and get NO help whatsoever.

I tried fresh install, reboot the computer etc etc.... I also have Avast Paid on my windows machine and the new version on that

machine is nothing but GRIEF and lots of people are having problems with "updates" etc etc....
~VS~

doom_laur

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »
They recently updated it to version 8.0 build 40005 and it seems that they uploaded the wrong version to cnet. Avast for Mac is indeed free, but the Pro version is for businesses. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it for now, until the Avast team uploads the right version. You can also search and download build 39915, but note that it has registration problems with OS X Mavericks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:24:19 PM by doom_laur »

mustang64

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:27:22 AM »
Hi there,
I know what you are talking about.

I had the old version and there is no way it will register as well...

I am getting rid of it and will wait till they figgure it out...obviously they have a BIG problem on the WindowsVersion,

as well as the OS X Mavericks... not how you spell MAVERICKS, Pepin take notice!!!
~VS~

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:35:16 AM »
They recently updated it to version 8.0 build 40005 and it seems that they uploaded the wrong version to cnet. Avast for Mac is indeed free, but the Pro version is for businesses. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it for now, until the Avast team uploads the right version.

You can download it here: http://download.ff.avast.com/mac/avast_free_antivirus_mac_setup.dmg
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0