Author Topic: Need avast 8 free  (Read 2361 times)

Diddy

Need avast 8 free
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »
HI I was wondering if I could get someone to give me the download link to avast 8 free so I could reinstall it on my computer.  We are having some problems with avast 9 free so I would like to go back one to avast 8 free thanks.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Need avast 8 free
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »
You can go back to Avast 8.0.1497 but I'd rather want the issue to be resolved...

Anyways...

1. Download the right aswclear and the appropriate program

Avast 8.0.1497 : http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/download/0c203d8e8244458c5da81998eb76f523/

v8 and below : http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
v9: http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #4]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using aswclear (v8 or below) or avastclear (v9) [If you don't have Avast in control Panel just install it]
4. Download and install your version
5. Reboot.

Note : Once installed make sure you change program update TO MANUAL.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Diddy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:02 PM »
HI I will tell you what happens is that when you click on Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 it just comes up with a blank white screen.  When I click on the tools menu nothing happens all that comes up at the bottom of internet Explorer is that a message comes up saying Webpage not responding.  then when you try to exit internet Explorer 10 nothing happens then the same message will come up and from out of no where the upper tool bar will appear with File Edit tools favorites but when I click on these menus nothing happens.  Internet Explorer 10 will exit but it takes a long time and what also is weired is that when I am exiting internet Explorer 20 for Windows 7 a page will come up while the browser is exiting.

Thanks. 

Ps: This is also happening to me on my Windows Vista machine as well exact problem as above.

I have the lasted version of avast 9 on both computers

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:17:44 PM »
Disable the Avast Online Security on Internet Explorer and then retry.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Diddy

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:51:21 AM »
HI I could not get internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 to work so I used the avast Uninstall utility and uninstalled avast 9 free completely from windows 7 and installed avast 8 free back on Windows 7 and I have no more problems with internet Explorer 10 the homepage comes up and it is like nothing is wrong at all.  I will keep avast 8 on windows 7 for now and in the future until further notice or until avast 9 is free is fixed.

thanks.

Ps: I still have avast 9 free on my Windows Vista machine in case any one needs logs or anything more to fix this issue or to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:56:04 AM »
I use Win 7 and have IE10. I had the same issues as you until I disabled the Online Security plugin. Since then, Avast 9 and IE10 are working fine here.

What you can try with Avast 9 is load Internet Explorer with no add-ons. Give that a try.

Diddy

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 01:06:55 AM »
HI When I click on ie 9 for Windows  vista it goes to a blank white screen and when I click on tools in the upper tool bar a message comes up on the bottom of ie 9 saying Webpage not responding.  As far as windows 7 I have avast 8 on it now and everything is working fine now for Windows 7. 

I did try to access the tools menu in ie 9 for windows Vista and I cannot access any of the options under the tools menu in ie 9.

Thanks