Author Topic: Percent complete not displayed during scan. Stays at 0%  (Read 7975 times)

Offline Sirwobbles

Percent complete not displayed during scan. Stays at 0%
« on: October 28, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »
AIS 2014 (9)
When doing a virus scan rather in full UI mode or in small mode (in corner of screen) the percent of scan complete never leaves 0%.

While not a huge bug compared to the dozens of others I've had to find work arounds for on this cursed version I figured I'd throw it on the pile with the rest.

Yes I have uninstalled using avastclear and reinstalled.  No I'm not using Windows 8.1 (Using Windows  7 64bit)
Yes in full UI mode it shows the file names and directories changing so I can only assume it is working.

Same problem shows on three separate computers.

For the love of god fix the borked firewall first but feel free to add this to the list of problems.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Percent complete not displayed during scan. Stays at 0%
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »
What type of virus scan exactly?
The progress estimation is actually part of the virus definitions, so it's unrelated to the program version.

Offline Sirwobbles

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 05:46:29 PM »
Quick Scan works correctly as always, show real time progression both in percentage and bar graph
Full scan show no change from 0% during real time progression nor any change in bar graph until last five seconds of scan then quickly runs through both.

Scan appears to be working properly though when viewed with main UI as I can see the files and directories changing as the scan continues. 
More of an annoyance than a major bug.  Just an FYI.

seeker15

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:05:30 PM »
Full scan show no change from 0% during real time progression nor any change in bar graph until last five seconds of scan then quickly runs through both.

Scan appears to be working properly though when viewed with main UI as I can see the files and directories changing as the scan continues. 
More of an annoyance than a major bug.  Just an FYI.

Same here but not bothered. Yet it bugs sometimes

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »
I always do a full system scan, about once a week, and other than the manner in which progress is displayed I've seen no change from earlier versions.  It seems to take forever to progress beyond zero percent, but once it does it increments normally.

The one change I miss most is that it no longer displays no. of folders and files or MB/GB already scanned while it's working.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent