Author Topic: WTFNow?! MetroUI!?!  (Read 6495 times)

doktornotor

Re: WTFNow?! MetroUI!?!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
Yeah, you don't like the GUI. Point taken. Live with that or switch products. Normally, people set up the AV exactly once after install and have pretty much no reason to use the GUI after that.

Bigjohn-s

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 06:52:15 PM »
if you set up your AV and never again look at it, you're living a dangerous life...

Arnold72

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 07:07:11 PM »
if you set up your AV and never again look at it, you're living a dangerous life...

Not at all.
Please dont forget the desktop widget gives status info.
I mean this is what its for.

seeker15

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
A desktop widget (gadget if you mean) does not serve the purpose well. Those who frequently access the user interface to change settings to adapt to their certains needs, a friendly GUI makes a lot of difference. To have number of windows open to access  frequently used features, is kind of annoying. For anyone complaining about this new interface, their concerns are valid as they didn't face such annoyance in the earlier version. Now, there is no such problem for others because they just install and forget that there is security software running in the background and they don't require much configurations. And suggesting them to revert back, does not really help, especially if they are paid customers. If avast doesn't really care about it, then there is nothing one can do except to live with it or just change the security app. But, I think avast does care about users' behavior i.e how exactly they use avast features and which one do they use frequently. I read about it somewhere in this forum when someone asked as to why avast sends data to google analytics everytime they click on somewhere inside the GUI.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
how is that?.... if something is detected a warning pops up
avast have realtime protection as all AV have and monitors whats going on when the comp is on

You say VB100 published data? that compared Avast versions and their protection performance? do you have a link please?
VB100  https://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/index
AV-comparatives  http://www.av-comparatives.org/
AV-test  http://www.av-test.org/en/

and there are more if you google

Diddy

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »
HI I feel i should put  my hat into the ring and say that I like the free avast 2014 gui I like it for a few reasons it is simple to use and navigate I should now I beta tested it you now.  The setup is easy to use and it installs fast and it updates fast as well.  The only thing I have a complaint about is that it for some reason it will not let me use ie 9 in windows Vista.  I must say though I have been with avast for years I started back when they first launched 4.8 and I have never looked back and it has saved my butt a few times as well so I must say in closing that it is a quality product and best of all it is free.

Thanks avast have a good week