Author Topic: Ant-theft and Jellybean 4.2.2  (Read 2964 times)

UserA789

Ant-theft and Jellybean 4.2.2
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
With the new Android update, this is preventing a problem in the Avast AMS setup as secondary accounts can install Avast to their own settings; including. Anti-Theft.

Also, how is AMS avoiding conflicts through these happenings (ie. One users settings for AntiTheft being different from another and can this negate AntiTheft if a user account doesnt have it installed to the sub-account)?

To be clear, AMS is requiring new setup for ALL sub-accounts on my device. These can be completely different from the intial setup by the MAIN account, from the main AMS to AMS AntiTheft and Backup.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:03:31 PM by UserA789 »

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Ant-theft and Jellybean 4.2.2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
AMS is requiring new setup for ALL sub-accounts on my device. These can be completely different from the intial setup by the MAIN account, from the main AMS to AMS AntiTheft and Backup.

correct, but I don't really get the question you're trying to ask.

UserA789

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »
AMS is requiring new setup for ALL sub-accounts on my device. These can be completely different from the intial setup by the MAIN account, from the main AMS to AMS AntiTheft and Backup.

correct, but I don't really get the question you're trying to ask.
Sorry for the deal... Tablet had some Accidental Damage to be honored.  Its nice having your own Sony guy so you don't have to call 1-800, you get to call the same Sony Tech every time direct  8)

Anyhow, the problem is as this:

1)  The Admin/Owner Account install Avast Mobile Security;
2)  The Admin/Owner sets up the AMS application; to include PIN, Anti-Theft Settings, and other application 'administrative' settings.
3)  "Other" user account(s) created.
4)  "Other" user accounts can enter AMS without use of PIN.  They can set their own.  They can make changes to other 'administrative' type settings against settings established by Admin/Owner account installation (see 1 and 2).

Make sense?

NOTE:  If this has been addressed since my last query; please excuse.  Im awaiting for replacement tablet to arrive (this week).

UserA789

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 05:25:26 PM »
..bump.

Id really like to know I can set up other user accounts that CANNOT connect my device to their my.avast account; which is something that can be done.

From their they can issue alerts to the device.. a basic user can use the AMS Anti-theft to take over my tablet.

Id call that a security issue.