Author Topic: So I'm infected with something...  (Read 6996 times)

scarletbanner

So I'm infected with something...
« on: October 29, 2013, 04:16:08 AM »
Background: I noticed one day that I was download/uploading a significant amount of more traffic than usual with that I normally have open. I ran Wireshark it turns out that my computer has been essentially clicking ads in the background. I ran scans of AVG, Spybot S&D, etc. and nothing. I've been looking for an excuse to uninstall AVG anyways so I uninstalled that and installed Avast Free.

Avast at least recognizes that there is something going on:

http://i.imgur.com/uD6jM0v.png
http://i.imgur.com/ExDUkR9.png
http://i.imgur.com/wNeJj6C.png

Those pop up with variations of the same URL but different search terms they're using every couple minutes. What's actually causing it however doesn't show up running a scan. From the stickied thread, I've attached AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, OTL and aswMBR logs.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:33:07 AM by scarletbanner »

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Re: So I'm infected with something...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:30:18 AM »
Hi,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

scarletbanner

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »
Attached

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:58:42 PM »
Hi,

Yes, you are definitely infected with one hardcore virus :)

Let's exterminate it...

Download TDSSKiller  and save it to your desktop

Execute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Confirm "End user Licence Agreement" and "KSN Statement" dialog box by clicking on Accept button.
  •   Press Start Scan
  •   If Suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  •   If Malicious objects are found, select Cure.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txt

Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
Twin, I shadow just about every removal expert on this forums. What virus is it? PM Me! I'm just curious lol
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

scarletbanner

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
Said no threats detected.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »
Run TDSS Killer again, but now click on Change parameters, check all boxes, and rescan...

scarletbanner

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:04:13 PM »
One suspicious object found.

My log is above the 512KB attachment limit. Uploaded it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14592975/logs/TDSSKiller.3.0.0.14_29.10.2013_14.53.36_log.txt

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 11:20:17 PM »
Twin, I shadow just about every removal expert on this forums. What virus is it? PM Me! I'm just curious lol
since TwinHeadedEagle is running TDSS killer..... that should give you and idea    ???

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:49 PM »
Most probaply he is infected with an rootkit.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:47:59 PM by Steven Winderlich »
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 11:45:03 PM »
Ok, let's continue :)

1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below.
To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code: [Select]
HKCU\...409d6c4515e9\InprocServer32: [Default-shell32] \\?\globalroot\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\suinbtb\ssvyfte\wow.dll ATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess?
MountPoints2: {458106ac-0686-11e2-9bf9-806e6f6e6963} - G:\setup.exe
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [hbcennhacfaagdopikcegfcobcadeocj] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Spigot\GC\saebay_1.1.crx
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [icdlfehblmklkikfigmjhbmmpmkmpooj] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Spigot\GC\errorassistant_1.1.crx
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [mhkaekfpcppmmioggniknbnbdbcigpkk] - C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Slick Savings\coupons.crx
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [pfndaklgolladniicklehhancnlgocpp] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Spigot\GC\saamazon_1.0.crx
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Spigot
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Slick Savings
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.yahoo.com?type=937811&fr=spigot-yhp-ie
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\suinbtb\ssvyfte\wow.dll
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp
cmd: ipconfig /flushdns

2. Save notepad as fixlist.txt to your Desktop.
NOTE: => It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

3. Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warned you about the outdated version please download and run the updated version.

Then...

Download ListParts64.exe from link below

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/listparts/dl/78/

Start it, click on Scan, and attach the report.

scarletbanner

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 12:55:22 AM »
Ran and attached.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »
Hi,

Re-run FRST and post me the fresh scan log.

Then...

Download and Install Combofix

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
Link 1
Link 2

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

• When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.[/b]
Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

3.  If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now

scarletbanner

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
Alright

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 11:56:51 PM »
Logs look clean now, any more problems?