Author Topic: safezone - Printing and creating pdf  (Read 7295 times)

Mark_K

safezone - Printing and creating pdf
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:49:03 AM »
I use safezone for my internet banking.  However, yet again with this version and others, I cannot print from inside the banking application using their print function.  The printer initialises, sounds like its going to print and then nothing.

Also, if I create a pdf then I get nothing in the folder it is meant to be saved to.

Lastly, I cant even take a screenshot using snipping tool

For me, this destroys one of the best features of using avast.

Is there any solution.

Mark

Windows 8 pro
latest avast
subscription up to date

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: safezone - Printing and creating pdf
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »
Here in Brazil, some of us cannot print in SafeZone either.
The best things in life are free.

Mark_K

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 07:47:04 AM »
Nothing - no suggestion to fix this issue.

Without safezone I may as well go back to using the free version or some other security program altogether that actually works.

Also, I was frozen in safezone once, and on two other occasions the programs all froze.

Not very good at all.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
Other security program altogether that actually works.
Can you give an example of other product with the *same* SafeZone technology? Thanks.

Mark_K

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 12:21:13 AM »
From a quick search.

SafeZone is quite similar to the standalone product SafeCentral 2.6 - I may ditch avast and get this.

Kaspersky - Safe Money and Secure Data Entry function

F-Secure has a banking functioon but doesn't launch banking sites in a separate secure browser

Secure banking Bitdefender and Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2014 do

Bitdefender Safepay is similar to Avast Safezone whereas Sandboxie is definitely not.

I think norton has a safe browsing feature as well.

Secure Virtual Desktop (SVD) is a desktop isolation solution that creates a secure session in which all data created on the machine is cleared upon exit.

Quarri MyPOQ — a secure web browser for Windows, iOS and Android devices

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 01:23:01 PM »
Sandbox technology: nothing comes out of it, everything is kept inside and washed out at the end of the session.
SafeZone technology: an isolated desktop environment that nothing comes into of it, malwares or keyloggers cannot see the info/data within the SafeZone and, of course, you can wash everything at the end.

Marcus Antonius

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 06:17:37 PM »
Same issue  here. I recently updated to the paid version of Internet Security 2014, and I can no longer print from Safezone using CutePDF. I have CutePDF set to prompt me where to save the "printed" PDF after I select print. With the previous version of Avast, after selecting "Print", I would then have to go out of Safezone, where the prompt of where to save the document would be waiting...and it worked just fine. Now however, nothing anywhere (with nothing showing in the print queue either). CutePDF still works fine when printing from the standard desktop environment (i.e. when not in Safezone). Am I (or, are WE) missing a setting in Avast somewhere??

I am running Win7 Pro 64-bit
CutePDF 2.7

Nothing has or was changed with any configuration since updating to IS 2014, nor have any other applications been added.

Can someone look into this please and find an answer to the problem!?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »
Marcus, estou com o mesmo problema com o PDFill, isto é, não consigo imprimir na SafeZone.
Talvez o melhor seja abrir um tópico no forum em inglês, onde os desenvolvedores têm acesso.

Marcus Antonius

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:15:53 AM »
Tech,

Perhaps.

Pero ¿no es un técnico de Avast? Si es así, ¿no es posible que usted mismo para elevar este asunto a los desarrolladores?

So Tech, please send it on to the developers!

Danke schön!

Marcus Antonius

Marcus Antonius

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »
Here's the answer & fix (for CutePDF at least):

Go to the Cute PDF Writer (or whatever PDF printer you're using) Printer Properties and select the Advanced tab. Now, change from "Spool documents", to Print directly to the printer. Voila! Works every time. Keep in mind though, that you have to MINIMIZE the SafeZone and go back to the standard desktop, where the "Save As" window is waiting for you ( don't close SafeZone, just minimize, so you can go back to SafeZone). This should also work for other PDF "printers", or where you have the "printer" pre-set to save to a specific location.

After I thought about this problem, I came to the conclusion that it must have something to do with disk access from SafeZone (makes sense) since the "Save As" prompt would never show up. So, changing from "spool" to "print directly to device" (in this case CutePDF) worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Marcus Antonius

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:30:34 PM by Marcus Antonius »