Author Topic: you are unprotrected!!!!!  (Read 1993 times)

chanti.sagar26

you are unprotrected!!!!!
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:11:16 AM »
I just installed avast free antivirus and registered myself for one year and then enabled my proxy settings that i use,then it started showing "you are unprotected"and "avast has stopped working".So i uninstalled the package and installed free antivirus 30 day trial without registering this time but enabling proxy settings,but all my work in vain the same repeated again,the worst is iam unable to uninstall it ,iam annoying with this whats gone wrong shouldn't i enable proxy settings ?????

olddog

Re: you are unprotrected!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:21:53 AM »
I just installed avast free antivirus and registered myself for one year and then enabled my proxy settings that i use,then it started showing "you are unprotected"and "avast has stopped working".So i uninstalled the package and installed free antivirus 30 day trial without registering this time but enabling proxy settings,but all my work in vain the same repeated again,the worst is iam unable to uninstall it ,iam annoying with this whats gone wrong shouldn't i enable proxy settings ?????

In case you hadn't noticed, the proxy settings are in the Update options, and the wording states "used for program updates". My understanding is they don't apply to anything else. If anyone knows differently, then please let's know. I'm not sure why this would cause the error messages you have posted though.