Author Topic: Shortcut virus - location: cmd (C:\Windows\System32) ????  (Read 107805 times)

REDACTED

Re: Shortcut virus - location: cmd (C:\Windows\System32) ????
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2014, 06:31:37 PM »
Here it is my mc allscans list

REDACTED

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
My virus gone plz next step wat to do plz bro plz and thank thank u u u u  a lot for this help plz reply me one last time

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2014, 06:50:54 PM »
Subject to no further problems   :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Remove tools

Download and run Delfix

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

Unchecky

Click on the link above to be taken to Unchecky.com
click the very large Download button.
click Save
Click Open folder
Right click on the Unchecky_setup and choose to Run as Administrator
Once open click the Install button.
Then click on Finish
Unchecky is now installed and will help you keep unwanted check boxes unchecked, this is a fire and forget programme  ;)

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide  Best security practices Keep safe  :wave:

REDACTED

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »
Thank u for ur wonderful idea and for ur talent thank u so much

REDACTED

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »
One small doubt does i must hav these crypto and malware update and ynchecky it is must or just recommed ed for safe ah ???

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »
They are just recommendations :)

REDACTED

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2015, 05:08:00 AM »
Hello. New user here   :D

I also have the same problem as OP's. My hard drive keeps generating these folder shortcuts that lead to CMD system32, so I followed TwinHeadedEagle's instructions (Adwcleaner - GMER - FRST)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2015, 06:22:44 AM »
Hello. New user here   :D

I also have the same problem as OP's. My hard drive keeps generating these folder shortcuts that lead to CMD system32, so I followed TwinHeadedEagle's instructions (Adwcleaner - GMER - FRST)

Thanks for the help in advance!
Start a new topic in V&W and post your logs there: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=post;board=4.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2015, 06:55:47 AM »
Hello. I am new here...
I also have the same problem as OP's.
My HDD keeps generating these folder shortcuts that lead to CMD system32...
so I followed TwinHeadedEagle's instructions (Adwcleaner - GMER - FRST)...
Here is attachment... Kindly tell me next step... Thanks in advanced...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2015, 06:57:02 AM »
Hello. I am new here...
I also have the same problem as OP's.
Start a new topic in V&W and post your logs there: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=post;board=4.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
Hello, first of all I am really sorry to bring this up but I had a similar (with a usb showing links to system32 but when i clicked on the folders they open normally but in a new window) problem and downloaded the adwcleaner from your link here and ran it. When it closed, it asked me to rr my computer and now it's so slow!! It won't connect to the internet and takes forever to boot up. All this happened just by running that adwcleaner.

Can you please help me? I tried to fix the usb and now my PC is sluggish.

Im a music producer and I really can't afford another format, i just installed windows 10.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2015, 11:22:30 AM »

REDACTED

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »
sir help me please i'm having trouble on (c:windows\system32) shorcut folders please help. and thank you

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2015, 05:06:42 PM »
sir help me please i'm having trouble on (c:windows\system32) shorcut folders please help. and thank you
For help start your own topic and follow instructions in the sticky post at top in this forum section

REDACTED

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2015, 05:42:41 PM »
when i connect pendrive in my laptop all my files and folder in all drive(C, D, E) become shortcut with another folder. like one folder is saha.avi.exe which shows application file with size 348kb ,after putting cursor on it, it shows file description:windows Defender Service with file version 1.0.0.0.
and another file with same name as shortcut as saha.avi.exe with file size 1kb(758byte) after putting cursor on it,showing location:C:\Windows\system32