Author Topic: help- scanned result = win32:trojano-324  (Read 4341 times)

u4magic

help- scanned result = win32:trojano-324
« on: May 29, 2005, 11:01:15 PM »
 :'(
what should i do?
delete the file?
how do i clean my pc?
Any knowledgeable help welcome. thanks ;)

kamulko

Re: help- scanned result = win32:trojano-324
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 11:32:59 PM »
Is the malware in the Chest? Yes? Ok, you can leave or delete it. Please, can you post the complete name and location of the file?

MFB

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 12:26:38 AM »
:'(
what should i do?
delete the file?
how do i clean my pc?
Any knowledgeable help welcome. thanks ;)

Best recommend if you send it to the virus chest.  Some people just ignore the infected file and move on, others are just paranoid and stare at the virus chest for weeks.   ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 12:28:24 AM »
- What OS are you using? is it up to date?
- What avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number, e.g. 0436-4 (see about avast!)
- What was the filename, where was it found
  example (C:\windows\system32\infected-filename.xxx)?
- What actions have you taken to try and resolve the problem?

Trojans generally can't be repaired (either by the VRDB or avast virus cleaner), because the entire content of the file is malware, so it is either move to chest or delete, move to the chest being the best option (first do no harm). When a file is in the chest it can't do any harm and you can investigate the infected warning.

Leave it in the chest for a week or two to ensure your system is stable (just in case), then you can delete it from within the chest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

u4magic

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 04:45:13 AM »
thank you for those who have responded with help;

location of trojan is ---
c:\programfiles\commonfiles\GMT\gtrawbm.fil

i have moved the trojan to the chest for now.

:D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 02:12:46 PM »
That is the safest and in my opinion the best option 'move to chest' if you have any doubt.

Trojans generally can't be repaired (either by the VRDB or avast virus cleaner), because the entire content of the file is malware, so it is either move to chest or delete, move to the chest being the best option (first do no harm). When a file is in the chest it can't do any harm and you can investigate the infected warning. After a week or two and you system shows no ill effects from having moved the file to the chest (unlikely), then you can delete it from within the chest.

You might want to do a google search for gtrawbm.fil as it will show that this is a part of a bigger picture. These are just the first two hits.
http://www.scanspyware.net/info/Gain.Gator.htm
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453094080

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it.
1. Ad-Aware
2. Spybot Search and Destroy
3. Spywareblaster
4. Download HijackThis.zip - HiJackThis Tutorial
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security