Author Topic: Network problem ... PC appears network locked  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Cronton

Network problem ... PC appears network locked
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:32:27 PM »
Hi,

I upgraded from the free edition a couple of days ago - I'd used the free edition for far too long. Everything seems fine apart from one problem.  I am on Win XP sp3.

My PC seems to be locking all local network traffic although the internet is fine (it's wired) and network printing works. When anyone tries to access any of my shared drives they get locked out (no privileges or resource doesn't exist) ... It's been fine for years with the free version.

The "enable network lock" toggles on the system tray menu but it's default position of being disabled seems to make no difference.  I checked the Help for "network lock" and there doesn't appear to be anything related.

To prove a point I disabled Avastshields for 10 minutes and my shared drives were suddenly accessible again.

I spent hours going through various options and permutations in the settings ... nothing will allow my drives to be read apart from disabling the Avast shields.

Help please ... anyone?

propheticus

Re: Network problem ... PC appears network locked
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
In my experience the Avast IS 2014 firewall is bugged. The blocked network sharing was kind of fixed in version 9.0.2008 (try a manual program update). But there still seem some issues related to it. If updating doesn't work you can try uninstalling the firewall portion of AV-IS and use Window's own firewall or some other.