Author Topic: I'm being Hijacked by Avast!  (Read 9769 times)

jude101

Re: I'm being Hijacked by Avast!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 08:46:30 AM »
got it, No I checked I've got a 32bit OS  :-[
I'll get to it now then!
O ehm do I have to attach the OTL here???
Cheers
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:50:25 AM by jude101 »

jude101

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
So I went and done it! Couldn't wait any longer need to get up and running with an anti virus...

I've attached the logs!
waiting for the experts reply!
J

guestja

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 01:22:42 PM »
Jude
I am not an expert, but I thought I would reply while your waiting. One of the reasons you can't force Avast to uninstall is that it tries to protect itself from that, because this is what a virus would try to do. In the future  if you want to   try to do anything like this, go first to "settings" then "trouble shooting" and un-tick the "enable avast protection" box.

I had a problem something like this, and If Avast gets corrupted, it sometimes  fiercely attempts to protect itself as though it was under a virus attack. Mine happened when I loaded an image in which Avast registration was out of date. The program was disabled, I couldn't register it, and it wouldn't uninstall. I downloaded the Avast uninstall program from their site and had to go into safe mode and that took it off.

While your waiting, maybe you could give it one more try. Download the avastclear uninstall program from their site, and run it in safe mode. then see if you can install fresh program and registration.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »
Avast is still showing and I can see nothing that should be conflicting with it.. 

Could you try an uninstall from safe mode mode with self protection deselected. 

If that fails then overinstall the latest version of Avast and let me know how that goes

jude101

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »
I'll give it a try!
Although I need to mention that Avast does NOT show up in my list of programmes in CP, nor can I locate it on my C drive, but I'll give the safe mode (deselect self protection) another shot and try also the Avast Clear Uninstall as JWA suggested.
I'll be back (Well I hope with good news)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:08:25 PM by jude101 »

jude101

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
As of 22:30 I am officially NOT being Hijacked by Avast!
I've installed the internet security again and inserted my license file which has been updated by Avast so for the upcoming 500 something days I don't need to worry about my machine  ;D...
A BIG thank you to everyone who tried helping me! You've done it!
Thank you!
Cheers
Jude

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
Nice one :)