Author Topic: TOTAL-Lack of help From AVAST free TECH support  (Read 8669 times)

abmetzy1

Re: TOTAL-Lack of help From AVAST free TECH support
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 12:12:43 PM »
I just saw a new post you all did so I am a little confused where I need to post stuff. I tried to attach the txt files and I have no idea if it worked. I will keep checking

Hi stick with free unless you need the extra bells and whistles with the paid for packages

Download OTL  to your Desktop
Secondary link
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

• Select All Users
  • Select LOP and Purity
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs
BASESERVICES
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Google\Desktop
c:\program files\Google\Desktop
dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Attach  both logs

abmetzy1

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
Essexboy or Pondus will one of you be able to contact me when it is safe for me to come out of safe mode?

I just saw a new post you all did so I am a little confused where I need to post stuff. I tried to attach the txt files and I have no idea if it worked. I will keep checking

Hi stick with free unless you need the extra bells and whistles with the paid for packages

Download OTL  to your Desktop
Secondary link
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

• Select All Users
  • Select LOP and Purity
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs
BASESERVICES
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Google\Desktop
c:\program files\Google\Desktop
dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Attach  both logs

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
Logs are attached. Essexboy will be online later today

abmetzy1

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »
Logs are attached. Essexboy will be online later today

Do you know an aprox time so I can log on in safe mode then? Or is there some other way I should go about this? Sorry for being such a pain I am just so confused and VERY angry with AVAST! I have had no problems per say with my laptop up until I let them talk me into selling me that total support for $179 and no it seems like my computer crashes every other day! EEKK!
Thanks for all your help you all!
You are great!!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 03:09:35 PM »
Hi if you are able then go to normal mode, it looks like they may have messed the system slightly.  So first I will do a few quick cleans and then go from there

Once these two have run could you let me know what the current problems are 

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code: [Select]
:Commands
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]

:OTL
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [SMessaging] C:\Documents and Settings\Amy\Local Settings\Application Data\Strongvault Online Backup\SMessaging.exe (Stronghold Online Backup)
O33 - MountPoints2\{0a959d6a-d556-11df-bb23-0015c53ddc78}\Shell\AutoRun\command - "" = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.EXE Shell32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL Info.exe folder.htt 480 480

:Files
C:\Documents and Settings\Amy\Local Settings\Application Data\Strongvault Online Backup

[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
THEN

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator" the tool will open and start scanning your system
  • please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

abmetzy1

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 05:10:29 AM »
I thought I would have other docs to attach, but apparently this is the only one I found that still opens. Let me know how to proceed. Thanks!
Hi if you are able then go to normal mode, it looks like they may have messed the system slightly.  So first I will do a few quick cleans and then go from there

Once these two have run could you let me know what the current problems are 

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code: [Select]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]

:OTL
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [SMessaging] C:\Documents and Settings\Amy\Local Settings\Application Data\Strongvault Online Backup\SMessaging.exe (Stronghold Online Backup)
O33 - MountPoints2\{0a959d6a-d556-11df-bb23-0015c53ddc78}\Shell\AutoRun\command - "" = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.EXE Shell32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL Info.exe folder.htt 480 480

:Files
C:\Documents and Settings\Amy\Local Settings\Application Data\Strongvault Online Backup

[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
THEN

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator" the tool will open and start scanning your system
  • please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
OK what are the current problem so we can try to resolve them