Author Topic: Facebook not loading properly with broken links, Etc.  (Read 2787 times)

Maji

Facebook not loading properly with broken links, Etc.
« on: October 29, 2013, 04:41:08 AM »
About a year ago (since I downloaded and installed Avast 8.0) my Facebook page began opening with images overlapping one another, various links did not operate, notifications would not open, and so on.  I can log in to Facebook on my husband's computer (which uses no virus application), but would rather use my own laptop.  We are running Firefox on both computers.  I have tried disabling all Avast functions, but the Facebook anomalies remain.  If the solution to this problem is complicated (such as making system changes to my MAC), I'm not enough of a techie to accomplish that sort of thing.  I recognize the fact that this is an Avast forum, and do not wish to attempt a "Facebook" discussion.  If anyone has a simple suggestion, such as uninstalling Avast or logging out and then back in to something, I'm willing to try and will appreciate your patience with me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:43:43 AM by Maji »

havlin

Re: Facebook not loading properly with broken links, Etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
Hi, avast 8 for Mac was released just recently so I suppose you're not on Mac but on Windows PC, right?
Then I suggest posting in different forum http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 , this one is about avast! for Mac only.

Maji

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »
I am on a Macbook, running OS X 10.6.8.  I only recently installed the Avast update in reply to the popups that continually appear.  Was hoping it would make a difference with the Facebook display of images, but it has not.

Maji

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 02:44:44 AM »
I uninstalled Avast, and everything went back to normal.  Everything.  I was having low memory problems with photo processing applications, and that has resolved as well.  Don't know what it was, but I'm not curious enough to explore further.  It could be that my Macbook simply has insufficient resources for all my applications.  I do appreciate your attention.