Author Topic: One window, two languages  (Read 6277 times)

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
One window, two languages
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:30:44 PM »
(Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, all updates installed)

avast! Free Antivirus 2014.9.0.2007

Although my OS is English and I should have avast! English installed I'm seeing two languages in some windows. For instance:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7487/lpfj.png

I'm seeing Dutch and English. I had the same problem in 2014.9.0.2006.
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: One window, two languages
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:52:50 PM »
It is the same with Pirate talk.
It looks like they forgot to translate quiet a lot of things or that avast isn't always looking at the correct language file.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:16:03 PM »
Some parts of the interface are online content. They're being updated. It takes time...
Not all of the languages have finished the translation... Please, be good with the hard work of the free translators :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:58:29 PM »
Some parts of the interface are online content. They're being updated. It takes time...
Not all of the languages have finished the translation... Please, be good with the hard work of the free translators :)

Will do. Tnx for the explanation.
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

Larisa

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 12:32:28 PM »
Hello! I have free version of antivirus and English language is installed in setting but I see some screens in other language I do not understand. I wrote to support on 8th Dec and no help yet. Do not say they did not translate in English!
Regards
Larisa

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
Hello! I have free version of antivirus and English language is installed in setting but I see some screens in other language I do not understand. I wrote to support on 8th Dec and no help yet. Do not say they did not translate in English!
Regards
Larisa
There are two situations:
1. Online content with prices x currencies (and local offers) that gives us a matrix that will always (?) impossible to complete.
2. Unfinished translations. Although the "2nd language" should be English.

Larisa

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 10:54:04 PM »
Thank you for the answer! I installed Avast with English only and I see some screens with other languages... Will I see them if I get Pro Antivirus? I want to have only English screens == Regards =Larisa

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
Thank you for the answer! I installed Avast with English only and I see some screens with other languages... Will I see them if I get Pro Antivirus? I want to have only English screens == Regards =Larisa
The translations are available in all avast! versions. They do not depend if you have the free or paid versions.

Offline zenzor

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
Same here, with their Christmas Discount Offer.

Besides, the offer makes no sense, quote (translated):

"Upgraded license for the remaining 92 days - normal price 699, now 149, save 769"

Besides, if this is only for the remaining 92 days it's not a deal, it's a rip-off. ;-)

And I'm on a 3 computer / 2 year subscription btw, so I can't use this for anything.

I think they need to redo this one...

Larisa

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
Thank you again! I only do not need translations but pure English version as it s in my Settings. Why do they show me other languages? I have reinstalled avast and nothing has changed... so sad so sad

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »
Thank you again! I only do not need translations but pure English version as it s in my Settings. Why do they show me other languages? I have reinstalled avast and nothing has changed... so sad so sad
Are you in an enghish speaking country right now? Are you connecting to internet through a proxy (or Tor)? If so, you can see local content (and offers) in other languages.

Larisa

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »
Hi! I am not in English speaking country. I have English version of Windows and it never shows me other language interface. In Avast! I have only English installed and I wonder why I see language I do not understand. If I visit Norway - will I see UI in Norwegian? Hungaian in Hungary? Avast is not for travellers.... I did not have any help with this.. Thank you any way.

Larisa

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »
Forgot to say - no proxy!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »
If I visit Norway - will I see UI in Norwegian? Hungaian in Hungary?
Some parts of the interface are online content. The offers, prices, etc. must be of a shop near the corner. And then you could see something in a different currency and language. Can you post a screenshot of this particular window you're seeing in non-English?

Larisa

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
Hello again! May be you are right and they show me local currency but when I  click "upgrade" I see perfect English screen with dollar prices. OK. I am attaching screenshots and look - they show 2 different currencies of 2 different countries and not dollars. Some pages do not have currency. Slavic languages are different too. I will not fight for languages any more....
Thank you for your attention. Larisa