Author Topic: virus protrction  (Read 2016 times)

coachpan

virus protrction
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »
A little more than a week ago my laptop started to run real slow. Weird because it had been turned off all weekend. And no previous problems. Avast always running. When I contacted the crack tech support team (over in India) they scanned and found virus and registry errors. Then quoted me a fix of over $100. Why do I pay for protection? Thank goodness I  have coverage through Staples and they cleaned up the mess. Needless to say I will be looking for different protection!!!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: virus protrction
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »
When I contacted the crack tech support team (over in India) they scanned and found virus and registry errors. Then quoted me a fix of over $100.
crack tech .... sounds like a scam to me.     ???
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2012/oct/04/ftc-cracks-down-tech-support-scam

if you want a check for virus or removal help, we do it here in the forum....and it is FREE
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:50:33 PM by Pondus »

dprout69

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »
When I contacted the crack tech support team (over in India) they scanned and found virus and registry errors. Then quoted me a fix of over $100.
crack tech .... sounds like a scam to me.   8)

if you want a check for virus or removal help, we do it here in the forum....and it is FREE

You're missing the point... he's saying avast didn't protect him

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
crack tech .... sounds like a scam to me.   8)

No program has 100% detection.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
protect against what?