Author Topic: avast! Mobile Security version 3.0.6426 makes my power button behave wierd.  (Read 2914 times)

philip.carrolo.android

Hi,

I am using avast! Mobile Security version 3.0.6426 and avast! Anti-theft version 3.0.6426.

I have an

HTC Explorer
Android version 2.3.5
HTC Sense 3.5
Software number 1.28.401.1

Ever since I installed the above mentioned version of Mobile Security, the Power button on my HTC explorer device does not behave as expected. The before behaviour was:
-   Press Power button briefly, locks phone and turns off screen;
-   Press Power button briefly again, turns screen on (phone still locked);
-   When phone is unlocked, press power button for a long time, shows a small window with options to restart, shutdown or airplane mode.

The after behaviour (frequently) is:
-   Press Power button briefly, locks phone and turns off screen, and then turns screen on again (phone stays locked);
-   When phone is locked and screen is off, Press Power button briefly, turns screen on and then off again immediately;
-   When phone is unlocked, press power button for a long time, shows a small window with options to restart, shutdown or airplane mode, when I release the power button to select one of the options , the screen turns off before I manage to do so.

Anyone else having this problem?

svehlak

Are you using lock pattern or PIN? Do you have also antitheft installed? Any possibility to have a wake up lock turned on in settings?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

and if you uninstall AMS and/or AAT, it gets back to normal?

Filip

philip.carrolo.android

Are you using lock pattern or PIN? Do you have also antitheft installed? Any possibility to have a wake up lock turned on in settings?

Hello Jan,

I am not using any lock pattern or lock pin.
I have antitheft installed as well. version 3.0.6426.
I don't have that wake up lock setting in android 2.3.5.

Kindest regards

philip.carrolo.android

Hi,

and if you uninstall AMS and/or AAT, it gets back to normal?

Filip

Hello Flip,

If I uninstall AMS version 3.0.6426 everything goes back to normal. I can leave AAT in place.

Kindest regards