Author Topic: No known virus protection soft ware foun...  (Read 6474 times)

torozoka

No known virus protection soft ware foun...
« on: May 30, 2005, 10:50:25 PM »
Hi guys, I'm a newbie all the way around and I'm still learning about computers, I've been  using Avast home edition for the last 15 day and happy with it, it's amazing how faster my machine runs now.
Guys I'm very confused, I did a symantec security check this morning and they are saying ----warning! no known virus protection software found,then I checked the windows security center and that's showing ---avast!antivirus 4.6.665[VPS 0522-0] reports that it is up to date and virus scanning is on, like I said before I'm very comfused and I would like to now what's going on. Thank's in advance guys.

hp pavilionze4400---windows xp/sp2--dial up connection--sygate personal firewall---Avast AV home edition Ad-Adware se personal--spybot s&d---microsoft antyspyware--IE and firefox browsers.

Thank's again   :).

MFB

Re: No known virus protection soft ware foun...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:52:35 PM »
Ignore symantec security check, they only detect major antivirus programs such as McAfee and Panda, they won't detect AVG, avast! and some other antivirus programs. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 11:03:18 PM »
Marketing, marketing, marketing, warning! no known virus protection software found, we would be happy to sell you one ;D

If windows security center recognises avast, what does that tell you?

Ignor the Symantec marketing, when they tell you you aren't protected.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 12:15:40 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:06:31 PM »
I did a symantec security check this morning and they are saying ----warning! no known virus protection software found
Hi torozoka,
Welcome to the forum.
What Symantec actually means is that they didn't find Norton AV on your system so they're a little mad. ;D
They want you to pay for their product.
It's nothing to worry about. ZoneAlarm gives the same warning. I just disable their AV check.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

MFB

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 01:47:59 AM »
It seems that panda online scanner is the only thing that speaks the truth, they just can't figure out if avast! is updated or not.   :)

torozoka

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 05:27:43 AM »
Hey guys thank you very much for your quick replies, and let me tell you something "your'e absolutely right", they're a little pissy because, guess what? yeah yeah I was a norton product user, but let me tell you something norton products was the "worst virus" ever, it's amazing how faster my machine runs now, I can slow my machine down myself I don't need norton to do it for me.
You guys are awesome.
Thank's Avast, Thank's again guys.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 05:34:51 AM »
yeah I was a norton product user, but let me tell you something norton products was the "worst virus" ever, it's amazing how faster my machine runs now, I can slow my machine down myself I don't need norton to do it for me.
Hey, we're seeing a lot of Norton converted people round  8)
Welcome to the Club of the happy ex-Norton  8)
The best things in life are free.

GhosTT

Tech
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 06:13:23 AM »
Count me as one! :D

A little over a year ago was total Norton.

Dumped Norton,(that takes work to totally get it out),
Dumped AVG, now just using AVAST!

AVAST ROCKS!  ;D

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:24:11 PM »
Hahaha... I'm telling you people, Symantec will hunt for us and when they catch us, they will punish us, and that will be as bad punishment as one can imagine...  ;D They already lost so many customers because of this wonderful antivirus... and I'm also sure, we, avast! users, forum members and technical support  have a huge effect in all that "converting to avast!" process. We spread good word  ;)

Remember... good word spreads very fast and very far, but bad word spreads even faster and even further. avast! rulez !

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

MFB

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 05:49:03 AM »
Hahaha... I'm telling you people, Symantec will hunt for us and when they catch us, they will punish us, and that will be as bad punishment as one can imagine...  ;D They already lost so many customers because of this wonderful antivirus... and I'm also sure, we, avast! users, forum members and technical support  have a huge effect in all that "converting to avast!" process. We spread good word  ;)

Remember... good word spreads very fast and very far, but bad word spreads even faster and even further. avast! rulez !

Cheers !

Hey Alwil is a antivirus company just like McAfee and Norton, if they don't like a little competition (okay maybe a big competition) it's not our fault.  If people just doesn't like their programs, they have the rights to unistall it and switch to another antivirus program.  Besides most people just use the free Home Edition (like me) cause they can't afford those one year update fees.   :)