Author Topic: Virus Scan stops when a virus is found  (Read 3752 times)

moggie

Virus Scan stops when a virus is found
« on: May 31, 2005, 07:21:30 PM »
I've just started using Avast 4.6 Home (free) edition. I have completed a thorough scan, but each time it found a Trojan (18 times) the scan stopped until I answered the screen that was displayed about what I should do with the file. Is there a way to dispense with this screen and answer all the questions at the end. I don't want to have to sit with it all the time to get it to complete the scan.

The 18 Trojans it found had been missed by Norton 2002, but Norton doesn't keep stopping all the time.

Thanks

Moggie

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
Re: Virus Scan stops when a virus is found
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:26:03 PM »
You can put the resident shield in silent mode. Right click over avast icon then chose "on-acces protection control", go to resident shield, click custumise, click in advances tab and chose silent mode.
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

moggie

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:54:17 PM »
calcu007

Thanks for the reply but when I right click and go to 'on access protection control' I don't see anything referring to 'resident shield'. Only 'web shield' and 'standard shield' etc.

moggie

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 08:10:47 PM »
Sorry for mistake.  Check in standard shield
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 08:17:47 PM »
This setting doesn't apply to on-demand scans, which was probably what you were asking about.

However, when the virus dialog (during an on-demand scan) appears, you can simply check the option "don't show again" and click on "OK". This way, no action will be done with the infected files, and the virus dialog won't appear again - but you will be presented a summary window of the results in the end (and you can perform necessary actions from there).

moggie

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:22:28 PM »
Thanks for the super-swift response folks!