Author Topic: >:( I am a customer, I didn't pay to be a beta tester.  (Read 7947 times)

Comme ci comme ça

>:( I am a customer, I didn't pay to be a beta tester.
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:03 PM »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My nickname sais it all. I don't need that virus called Avast V.9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: >:( I am a customer, I didn't pay to be a beta tester.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »
I don't need that virus called Avast V.9
no one is forcing you to use it.....

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
7 posts and only hijacking threads :-(
Why not say what the problem is and try to solve it?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:12:32 PM »
And this joker thinks version 10 will just magically fix everything. Clearly he has no clue how programs are developed. If there was absolutely no progress, only bug fixing, then yes (maybe). But antiviruses can't work that way, they have to evolve constantly. And with 200 million users, do you seriously believe that everyone will be problem free? Riiight. Developers sometimes have issues on consoles from certain batches and he wants to make a bug free perfect app for what, 190 million unique (and just as uniquely messed up) PC's? Not possible even in dreams...
From my observation, v2014 is by far the most problem free version. It was this way even during beta test and still is, especially considering how many more users there are now.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

GTX66

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:16:04 PM »
7 posts and only hijacking threads :-(
Why not say what the problem is and try to solve it?

He is the OP so he hijacked his own thread? He may be misguided but he did not hijack a thread.

Hammey

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 11:21:56 PM »
Hi Troll or not you must agree there are many problems with it. I just did a system and the firewall destroyed the network would not even let a ppoe connection work. Once removed all worked again. Remember new users can not deal with errors like this and it costs them money at a shop to fix it. I am sure they will get it fixed but work arounds are not fixes and most new users have no idea what to do. I understand you all want to stick up for avast,but really come on if the program causes so many errors you have to stop Praising it to be the best and undersand user frustrations with it. On this forum there is always some kind of friction going on like the new user to the forum posting in the wrong section and some long time user jumping on him about it instead of doing it nicely. You get back what you put out.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »
He is the OP so he hijacked his own thread? He may be misguided but he did not hijack a thread.
Eddy did not say he hijacked this thread....

dprout69

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:36:09 PM »
I don't even consider him a troll... he stated his preference.  Doesnt make him anything except someone stating his preference.  9 sux... there I said it and so have many others.  He didn't say it was magically going to be fixed with 10, he didn't say he was being forced to use it... what he did say was that he is paying his money and he's not a beta tester which is the exact way many feel. 

If it was one problem... sure Ill state the issue... if it's multiple issues and the software is behaving like sh*t... then why should he bother to post anything... there are obvious flaws in the fundamental core.

Avast should plainly put a locked sticky up which states which problems they are aware of and acknowledge they have zombified a large portion of their customer base.  I didn't know so many people still used XP but obviously there is quite a fan base still and I would at least acknowledge that or say this version is not compatible with XP plainly visible at the download... that's a great start.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 11:55:46 PM »
With all due respect, do you really think that any security software will magically work perfectly for 200,000,000
users worldwide? C'mon get real.

No matter how long the beta test lasts there will always be someone with an issue.
What you see are a unique miniscule percent of users with issues. The huge vast percent
who don't have issues very rarely post. Since I have started using avast, beginning with v5.0,
I can honestly state this is the most bug free version yet. v2014 had a beta test period spanning
over two months with an extremely small number of "real" issues.

Bottom line...it's impossible to create an anti-virus which will work perfectly for everyone.
Someone, somewhere will have an issue which can "always" be resolved.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Hammey

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »
Hi well actually avast 4.8 worked for 99% of systems and 6 and 7 so we know it can be done. This in my opion started when avast went from a av program to a do all program which did not work on all hardware. That software updater can cause more problems for new users than good. The firewall install's new hardware in device manager also adds a new protocol to the network before you do this you have to make sure it works with all eithernet cards. Myself and most users want a av program not a bunch of other stuff added on. The bit of when you pay for software having google chrome and Google tool bar included is poor practice the have already paid for the program why try and make a few extra pennies by having it in paid for version's. I am sick of removing that from peoples pc's that use the auto update feature. Remember new users get a popup telling them to update and they just click yes not everyone is a pc pro. As for all systems really they are either intel or amd so you only have 2 you need to make sure it works on.

psikofunkster

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 02:31:34 AM »
I don't need that virus called Avast V.9
no one is forcing you to use it.....

Nahhh a REAL suggestion would be Don't renew.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 03:46:10 AM »
I also am a paying customer, and have been since first trying Avast Free years ago  and aside from some minor bugs (that are being ironed out) I have paid for and received a First Class, Professional Security Program that is powerful, dependable with Cutting Edge technology.
Quite satisfied. :)

I also paid for and used both Symantec products as well as Comodo Products before Avast and they were not without issues.
So in my humble opinion, it's not so much about the software program as much as it is the OS configuration/environment the software is installed in. ;) 8)

DCS

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 04:44:28 AM »
I have to agree, this version is horrible, and I am paying user also.  Turning off features to fix a product is not the answer.  I work for one of the largest hardware/software companies in the world, and if I GA'ed what I installed I would be writing an amea culpa and praying I still had a job when the dust settled.
Anytime a product is introduced I can understand environmental issues may arise, but in my case the internet was unreachable, a connection error icon still showed up after disabling features.  I still have over a year left on my licenses, but as was suggested in this thread, and others, I took their advice and moved on to another provider.  So far I have yet to see an admission there are issues, and anyone who complains about the less than stellar QA that was done, gets blamed for having issues. I keep checking back hoping to see the usual threads but that has been elusive.

NoelC

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
Did Avast! recently lose its good programmers?  I have to agree, the newest software isn't up to what we've come to expect.

I'm a software engineer with 37 years experience, and I've been using Avast! and promoting it (e.g., in my Windows books) since the days of XP x64.  Suddenly now the UI is dumbed-down to the point where the dialogs are not resizeable, I can hardly find things, there are multiple different exclusion lists, and I get false positives when I'm developing software or making a backup? 

"OMG, he's copying an .EXE file, he must be infected!!!"  Makes me wonder whether the Avast! developers use their own product.

And yes, I've submitted the false positives.  But nothing has changed.

I need to be able to remove the detection of a particular "suspicious item" (if I could find the chest I'd name it specifically, something like "Evo:Gen"), yet with all the configurability I can't seem to stop this particular false detection and keep all the rest of the protection enabled.  As it is, I have to exclude my software development tree from all checking.

What's going on, folks?

-Noel
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:58:22 PM by NoelC »