Author Topic: amcap.exe (malware?)  (Read 2126 times)

jedakay

amcap.exe (malware?)
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:43:16 AM »
Have the latest version of avast (free) installed.  On the last full scan avast picked up amcap.exe as malware and I put in the virus chest.  Since that item has been around since 01/04/09 and I never had any problems with it that I’m aware of I did some research on it and found it may have something to do with my cyberlink program.  Restored amcap.exe from virus chest although it is still visible in the virus chest and pulled it up from C:\Program Files and under properties it has cyberlink unchecked, USB Video Device and Microphone checked.  Ran another full scan, even scanned the folder itself and now avast can’t find a thing.  My questions are these:

Why does that item remain in the virus chest even after I hit the restore button and it is now back in the system?

How is it possible for avast to identify the item as malware in one scan and then not on the next scan where it is back in the system?

Have read some on the web about amcap.exe being a troublesome item though I’ve never had one with it.  Can anyone comment on that? 
Should it go back to the virus chest?  How do I do that when it’s listed now both in the chest and my system?