Author Topic: Avast popups  (Read 9934 times)

thuskey

Avast popups
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »
Is there a way to turn off the popup for users when they log in that tells them avast has been updated to the latest definitions? Also the popup that avast has been successfully installed the first time a user logs onto a computer? Thank in advance

Che Johnson

Re: Avast popups
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
It may be possible to disable the VPS update but not the pop up when it's installed since you can't set predefined ini settings prior to the deployment. Is it the pop up or the actual sound that is the biggest problem?

thuskey

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »
it is the actual popup. We would like it to notify the user ONLY when something is detected. We have debated running it in the Silent/game mode, but not sure if that would also stop notifying a user if they went to a bad site or got a virus?? Any thoughts?

Che Johnson

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »
We don't recommend using the silent/gaming mode since it won't allow any notification for any threats, however to disable the pop ups or change the duration, it depends on what console you are using. Can you tell me which?

thuskey

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
AEA is what I am using. If you need more detail, let me know where to find it and I will get it for you. Thanks a bunch for the assistance.

Che Johnson

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 04:31:14 PM »
So in the EA Console > Groups (right click)  Properties > Custom Ini

In this setting you have to create a custom ini using the commands below.  You can only include 1 custom ini at a time, then save it and apply to the group, then you can do the 2nd ini.  I've provided a screenshot of where to do this.

1. [Common]
PopupDurationGreen=0

Unfortunately you can't disable the initial pop up after before installation since you can't provide custom ini changes prior to the deployment of the client.

I hope this helps.

kikilink333

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 05:08:51 PM »
Has this problem been resolved yet?

Che Johnson

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
This has been resolved in version 8. The beta has been released for testing.

stopopup

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »
hello, I've been getting all kinds of pop up which I don't want to get at all. I don't want any sort of pop ups and would like to check manually periodically what has been caught instead of it notfying everytime it seems to catch something.

Do I have to re-install and make customization in the installing process? exactly how do i do that?

jsnyder

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 03:46:38 PM »
I just went into Popups and turned off show monthly reports.  Then I set all other reports to 1 second that way they pop up and go away quickly.  I tried setting them to 0 but that just made them stay in permanently until you closed them.

dsstdf

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
I think you can disable the update popup under:EAS Console /  Policies: avast! Antivirus / Updates Details.  If you uncheck the box that says "Show notification box after automatic update".  It might stop the popups every day (I'm still testing this).