Author Topic: [RESOLVED] how to allow program or port through firewall?  (Read 22998 times)

cmiles8

[RESOLVED] how to allow program or port through firewall?
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:17:22 AM »
I'm having an issue where my Avast Internet Security software is blocking my access to my minecraft  server. I am connecting to the server via a local IP (192.168.1.101) from various computers on the same network. Whenever I disable the Avast firewall, it allows me to log in. When its enabled, the server says "Can't reach server" in the client window. How can I set Avast to allow these ports through? This wasn't an issue before when I was connecting to a public IP address, but I can't do that anymore. (NAT Loopback) The issue only seems to arise when trying to use local IP addresses. Anyone familiar enough with Avast firewall to help me with settings?

Note that the router I use does not support NAT Loopback - not sure if that's relevant though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:25:56 AM by cmiles8 »

mrkniceguy

Re: how to allow program or port through firewall?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:51:20 AM »
I've been having the same problem and also with my Subsonic music server. Both Minecraft and Subsonic use a loopback command in Java that Avast doesn't seem to be able to handle. No one has been able to help me yet either.  :-\

acceltech

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 07:31:06 AM »
Simple.
I would suggest you to launch the AUI and look for the firewall feature under the tools icon.
Under firewall , click application rules then look for your designated application and allow all connections.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 02:25:43 AM »
For those interested, this issue resolved itself in a subsequent update to the Avast program.  It no longer did this afterwards